Thread: Ivy Bridge vs Bulldozer vs Sandy Bridge

Ivy Bridge vs Bulldozer vs Sandy Bridge

I am looking forward to upgrade some of my hardware peripherals of computer but I am wondering if it’s significance waiting just about for bulldozer to come up. It contains FX-8130P 8 cores, 8mb l2 cache. I heard that it will execute superior than the i7 2600k, concerning 16%. I have never used the AMD processor before because I was always the big fan of Intel processors. Right now I am stuck between choosing IVybridge, sandy Bridge and bulldozer. I don’t know which one gives the better performance among them. Can anyone compare these 3 things?

Re: Ivy Bridge vs Bulldozer vs Sandy Bridge

If you observe the latest the chips it looks like they might be quicker than sandybridge. 2 logic cores per unit rather than multithreading directions your talking multithreading hardware somewhat that can essentially route 2 threads at one time per component. I expect AMD is completive through Intel. It might carry a few pleasant negotiations our way. Too awful it’s not backwards companionable by AM3 that might have been actually tuff to strike if performance was capable of execute.

The reports are that Bulldozer peak of the line processors are departing to be on par among otherwise still superior to somewhat like a 2600(k). Though, remember this is 8 cores vs. 4 cores in an extremely threaded workload circumstances that they are supposed to be quicker. In short thread calculation workloads the Sandy Bridge is going to completely run left from bulldozer. Toss on inferior TDP and that countless work loads are ongoing or small figure of threads and bulldozer will at most excellent excel compared to Sandy bridge perhaps fraction of the instance.

I consider Bulldozer will struggle through Sandy bridge it might yet thrash it in a few test. On the other hand Ivy Bridge will just make to Bulldozer what Nehalem CPU did to the phenom II processor. I'm in suspense to be mistaken on mutually counts for the reason that extra choices in the marketplace is forever excellent except AMD has quite the huge gap to seal therefore simply time will let know. Ivy Bridge will be exposed afterward possibly still Q2 2012, at 22nm by means of the 3d transistors along with 20-30% faster clock, bit further cache and so on.

As far as I know that Bulldozer emerges at E3 Expo on June 7, 2011 firm initiate will begin to dribble into the marketplace some weeks later on. Bulldozer II will be exposed before Ivy Bridge. ETA is ending of the year otherwise the beginning of next (meant for Bulldozer II). Intel Sandy bridge-E at rest on 32nm (second edition sandy bridge) will be exposed soon this year prior to bulldozer II. Ivy Bridge will be launched upcoming year on 22nm.

I don’t know why you really want to compare these 3 kinds of processor at this moment. What I am telling is Right now only Sandy Bridge processors are available and we are all familiar with their performance and capability. However the Bulldozer and Ivy bridge processors are not released yet and there is plenty of days to launch. I don’t know why you want to compare the existing processor with the non-existing processor. This comparison will give you the wrong result.