Thread: ASUS M5A Series Socket AM3 + Motherboard for AMD Zambezi FX processor

ASUS M5A Series Socket AM3 + Motherboard for AMD Zambezi FX processor

I am going to build a new computer for my personal usage and also for some home usage. While searching on google I have come across the Gigabyte models motherboards. I heard that the Gigabyte is one of the leading motherboard manufacturers in the world. While looking at it I have seen that there is a new AM3+ v3.1 motherboard revision. Can anyone tell me when these boards will be going to release? I think that the ASUS M5Axx series motherboards also lies in the same category. Any information regarding ASUS will be much appreciated.

Re: ASUS M5A Series Socket AM3 + Motherboard for AMD Zambezi FX processor

ASUS will create a impressive open to support AMD's upcoming Socket AM3+ stage AMD's latest Bulldozer construction will commence in the appearance of the AMD FX sequence that is not simply supported by preceding AMD motherboards except as well the latest M5A series that has been in depth on ASUS' website. ASUS M5A series make use of AMD's present chipsets and is separated into 2 groups, one that constructs on top of AMD 760G and one on top of the further wealthy AMD 870/880 chipsets. Together of these are finances options and the main reports with the motherboards is an indigenous support designed for AMD FX as well as Socket AM3+.

Altogether ASUS is predictable to present 10 dissimilar motherboards into the M5A series, except previously a handful models have emerged on the official website through total terms. The major difference among the models is a variety of functions plus connections, however as well the power supplies. The peak model by AMD 870/880 is identified as 140W proficient and this will be a further retail welcoming method of making motherboards with additional influential power supplies, rather than the usual "x number of stages". The low-end M5A boards drops specification to 125W and 95W.

Each and every one models in the approaching AMD FX series is anticipated to be supported via the latest boards, the models with further prevailing power supplies will purely be superior for overclocking by way of extra room. ASUS lists its latest mothebroards like AMD AM3+ plus more than a few of the models are scheduled by means of the cheapest at under 50 pounds. The AMD FX series of CPUs will be commenced in June and will game 4 to 8 cores furthermore a dual-channel DDR3 memory controller by means of capable of 1866 MHz. The CPUs are prepared with 32nm SOI expertise and is anticipated to obtain TDPs at 95 otherwise 125 watt.

The M5A88-V EVO as well as the M5A87 are the simply 2 motherboards within Asus' AM3+ arrangement to hold up Zamabezi FX CPUs through a TDP of 140W. According to the terms offered via Asus, the M5A78L as well as the M5A78L LE motherboards can obtain processors which have an utmost TDP of 125W, whilst the most essential mock-up into the M5A series, the M5A78L-M LX, is restricted at 95W. Besides AMD's upcoming Zambezi FX CPUs, all the 5 Asus boards are companionable with the present AM3 CPUs.