Thread: Individually memory works ok but not working together

Individually memory works ok but not working together

I am using computer in which I have Asus mother board and first I was using only 1 RAM on my mother board but after that RAM corrupted I bought new RAM. Now I have bought two RAM of 2GB DDR2 Corsair. But I am facing one problem with my system. Whenever I attach both RAM on my motherboard at that time it does not work but when I put it individually at that time it is working fine now I don’t know what is wrong with my system please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Individually memory works ok but not working together

If you are not able to use both the memory sticks together then I think first you should check your motherboard specification and make sure that your motherboard supports the RAM which you are trying to use. If you don’t find it in motherboard specification then you can check on the internet also. Because if that RAM is not supported by your motherboard then trying these RAM is waste of time and you will need to replace the RAM. First check this things and then search for the solution according to that.

I have referred your issue as you have said in your post that you are not able to use the RAM together in your computer then I think first you should try one different RAM with your new RAM then insert that RAM in your computer. If after doing that both the RAM is working fine then I think there is something wrong with your one of the new RAM. But if it still giving the same problem then I think there is something wrong with your mother board only.

After reading your problem I will suggest you one thing to do with your computer. Try any single RAM with your both of the slots on your motherboard. If that RAM is not working on one of that slot then I think it is some connection issue on that slot. But if it is working fine on both the slot then I think there is something wrong with your one of the RAM. I hope after doing this you will be able to solve the problem. If you find any difficulties then please let me know.

I have gone through your issue. I there is problem with running both the RAM on your motherboard. Then I think you should put both this RAM in some other motherboard and then try to run it if those RAM is working fine then I think there is something wrong with your motherboard. You should first check the motherboard setting if possible you should also try to disconnect all the connection and then connect it again. May be this trick will solve your issue and you will not face this problem again.

If you have tried all the possible thing to solve your problem and then after also you are facing the same problem then I think there something wrong with your voltage setting. Check that your voltage is set correctly if you don’t know anything about voltage setting then set to auto. Because sometime it is possible that due to voltage RAM is not running. So I think you should try this thing and then after that you will be able to solve your problem.

Hi guys after reading all the solution I have tried all the things as you have said in your post. I have also checked both the RAM of my computer. After that I also checked the both of the slots on my mother board. But all the thing was fine. After that I have changed my voltage setting and set on the automatic mode. Now all the things are working fine. Now I am able to use both the RAM on my computer. Thank you for your useful suggestion. Thank you so much.