Thread: CMOS battery error

CMOS battery error

I have one major problem with my computer which is when I boot my computer error occurs says CMOS battery failed, I don’t know what’s happening with my PC as I don’t know much about hardware stuffs. I’m using windows 7 ultimate and I’ve been using computer from 2 years. This CMOS battery error never showed up before that’s why I’m worry about it. Does anyone know about this problem how to solve CMOS battery error? I also need to know that why do we need to use CMOS battery in our computer? And how can I solve troubleshoot this problem by myself?

Re: CMOS battery error

CMOS battery is an important part of our computer system because you can save your date and time settings by the help of CMOS battery. Your entire motherboard is an electronic device and very electronic device needs electricity to work. When you press start button of your CPU that time your motherboard generate so quickly and it takes 1 or 2 seconds. You cannot operate your computer without CMOS battery. If any problem exists with your CMOS battery then the best solution for this is that ask your nearest computer hardware retailer and ask for CMOS battery and replace it with older battery.

CMOS battery problems does not occurs every time but they can solve easily if know about CMOS battery and its use. CMOS is short for Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor. CMOS chip contains all the information about your hard disk, RAM and every other component exists in your computer system even after you turned off your computer. CMOS battery have long life which means they can be use for around 3 or 4 years but we cannot take risk in such problems. I suggest you to change your CMOS battery before any error appears.

CMOS battery problems does not occurs every time but they can solve easily if know about CMOS battery and its use. CMOS is short for Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor. CMOS chip contains all the information about your hard disk, RAM and every other component exists in your computer system even after you turned off your computer. CMOS battery have long life which means they can be use for around 3 or 4 years but we cannot take risk in such problems. I suggest you to change your CMOS battery before any error appears.

I also had CMOS battery problem months ago and then started to learn about CMOS and its use and finally what I learned from that problem is that CMOS chip keeps every crucial information of you computer system by taking electricity from CMOS battery. It provides electricity to BIOS to operate at the time of booting. If your CMOS battery fails to operate then BIOS will also fail and you will not be able to start your windows, your screen will be full of error messages. I don’t know whether it works or not but try to remove your battery from motherboard for and keep it unplugged for 15 to 20 seconds and then again plug it in its place and see if the problem still exist or not. If this does not work then buy new CMOS battery from retailer.

Some people say that the computer will start even if your CMOS battery fails but that cannot be right because CMOS chip not only provide electricity to BIOS but also it saves our system information after turning off your computer. If BIOS fails to load then window fails to start. CMOS battery is helps us to get right date and right time. You can check battery with voltage meter whether it’s working or not. Buy new CMOS battery from retailer and replace it with new one but make sure that you turn off main power plug. New CMOS battery is very cheap to buy.