Thread: Is it necessary to have push-pull w/ Sandy Bridge?

Is it necessary to have push-pull w/ Sandy Bridge?

I have a doubt in my mind and that was present from past many days and that I want to know whether it is it necessary to have push-pull w/ Sandy Bridge. What I did was that I had just upgraded to the Sandy Bridge platform and am running my 2600k at 4.6 / 1.325v. I am reusing the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme from my LGA775 setup and with a single 120mm Nexus fan in push and then I can hit 85C after 30 minutes in Prime95.So what needs to be done to solve the problem I am facing.

Re: Is it necessary to have push-pull w/ Sandy Bridge?

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that around 85C is very much high than what it should be. Also what I am saying is that if you're not hitting that high when you are gaming then I don't see a problem.So this is what is all about.So I do feel that then it is not that much necessary to have push-pull w/ Sandy Bridge. Also when the CPU is under load then your maximum temperatures may drop 1-3C which is fine.

Even I agree with the previous solution and would say that if I was getting a maximum temperature of around 65°C in everyday use.So I was very happy with what I was getting and hence I never found out any reason why I should use a push/pull because I though that that might be enough for me to solve the issue.As a matter of fact there was no problem at all and I feel that it was all square and done with the actual temperatures that I was getting.

Thanks a lot for the immediate replies.I would say that I just went through then and found it really interesting.I would say that this has really been very annoying for me.I was very confused on whether to go with the push-pull w/ Sandy Bridge and feel that there is no reason why I should go ahead with that one. Also I feel that now looking at the solutions that you all have given to me I would definitely go ahead with them and if I have any doubts then I will get back to you.

I am a big gamer and would say that when I was gaming I was getting a temperature of around 85C which does seem bit high. So I then just got the thermal grease installed properly. And then I even got the Nexus fan along with it.And that was really very good and very effective for me. What it did was that it just push a lot of air and ti really worked very beautifully for me. I guess that it is better with fans that do push a lot of air.

Looking at the question that you have put up I would say that I am really very confused on what I need to say on that topic. I feel that there should be improvement in this one. Also there are some other fans that are great and feel that that is the one which is the S-Flex which seems to be a good option.What it does is that it just pushes a lot of amount of air and is also silent.So this really seems to be a very good option that we have on our hand.