Thread: Is it worth to upgrade to 8GB Ram on Windows 7

Is it worth to upgrade to 8GB Ram on Windows 7

Well my query here is that can I use 8GB Ram memory for my laptop and is it enough or it is too much actually I am currently using windows Xp and I want to upgrade the same to windows 7 and for that I what the maximum Ram memory but really I am not sure whether to go with it or to have patience. I have no idea what to do I am confused a lot and unable to make any decision on the same. So it is possible for me to do the same and if am doing it then is it worthwhile. Any help regarding the same will be helpful.

Re: Is it worth to upgrade to 8GB Ram on Windows 7

According to me there is no need of a 8GB ram because I am having a dell vostro laptop and I have installed windows 7 on the same and the Ram memory of the same is 2GB and still it is doing well. I am not facing a single issue over to it and the operating system is coping well with the system. So I want you to stick with what you have on your system and I hope that doing the same will definitely help you to get rid of the problem that you are facing.

Well if you will ask me then the I want to know where you are fond of playing games and if yes then go on with it but first check whether the laptop that you are using is capable of holding the same. I am sure that once same is done then you will be able to play the game of higher level on your system. But still I don’t think that you will require a 8Gb ram memory because 3 of 4 GB is enough for the same. I hope that you are getting my point.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and I guess that I can help you out of the same so now what I want you to do here is that just try and use 8Gb ram and see how things goes I am sure the system will speed up but make sure that the system is compatible with the same and it will be able to cooperate with the same. I hope that you are getting my point here and if not then you should stay quite .

Well I want to comment on what it is being said in the above post, the idea of making your own pc may sound sort of intimidating at first, but its a lot simpler than you reckon. Upsides are you know precisely what is in your rig, you do not get all that useless software pre loaded on your machine and you save a lot of currency. I am getting confused at present at the thought of having 1500 dollars to spend on a new pc .The the core i5 is a dual core chip that has Hyper threading, which is not that good as compared to a quad core unit. 12GB RAM is too much of overkill.