Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011

Need BIOS for Alienware Area-51 M9700 Motherboard

Hi guys I am using Alienware Area 51laptop which is having M9700 Motherboard. I recently reinstalled Windows 7 OS in my laptop. I am planning to install a new video card in my laptop so I need to flash the computer. For flashing I need the latest BIOS for my Alienware Area-51 M9700 laptop. Does anyone have got any idea where I can find the correct drivers and BIOS for my laptop? Your suggestions will be appreciated. Please help me with your kind replies.
Old 07-05-2011

Re: Need BIOS for Alienware Area-51 M9700 Motherboard

You must have received the Original drivers CD for your Alienware laptop, when you had purchased the laptop from the retailer. Insert the Original CD inside your CD/DVD Rom and allow your computer to automatically install all the drivers in your system. If automatic installation is not happening then you must try to perform manual installation of the drivers. Explore the CD drive and start the Wizard setup by double clicking it. Once you have installed the drivers, restart your system.
Old 07-05-2011

Thank you, dude for the quick post. It shows how concerned you were about my problem. But I still have the same problem. I am unable to find the Original drivers CD which I had received during the time of purchase of my laptop. That is why I am unable to try out your solution. Does anyone is having any other solution which could solve my problem. Please give me some more suggestions. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-05-2011

I would suggest you to perform Hard Reset. Follow the below steps:
  • Shut down your laptop and disconnect it from the power source. Remove the battery.
  • Remove all the connections between your laptop and other external peripheral devices.
  • Hold the power button for some time to drain all the battery power stored in the capacitor of your application.
  • Insert your battery. Connect it back to the AC adapter and the power supply and restart your laptop.
  • Make sure you don?t have to connect your external peripheral now.
Old 07-05-2011

If you are not having the original CD of Alienware Drivers than you have to get it from other sources. Try contacting any computer store near your area and search for the drivers CD for your laptop. If you find any then purchase it and use it. Or else if you have any Dell Service Center nearby then I would recommend you to visit the Service center and get the necessary drivers installed in your laptop. It will be good, if you purchase the Drivers CD for future assistance. Make sure you are
Old 09-05-2011

You can also get the necessary drivers for your Alienware Area-51 M9700 Motherboard from the official website of either Alienware or from the official website of Dell. Search for Alienware or Dell on Internet and you will find the official website of them. Visit the website and go to drivers and support and search for your respective Motherboard driver there. Download the drivers from the official website only, because they are trusted site and you won?t be getting any random not working file from there. Install the drivers and restart you laptop to bring the changed into effect.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , , ,