Thread: RIFT patcher makes my CPU spike before crashing

RIFT patcher makes my CPU spike before crashing

A week before I was able to stream HD movies, run RIFT on maximum graphical setting (through a few lag) devoid of my full CPU usage hitting more than 50%. At present even running RIFT patcher otherwise watching the YouTube video within SD is making the CPU spike prior to crashing. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how can it be resolved. If anyone of you has any idea that how this can be resolved then please let me know about that. Thank you.

Re: RIFT patcher makes my CPU spike before crashing

If that was working well before then you can try to do the system restore in your computer to see if that can resolve the issue for you. Go to the system utilities and there you will get one of the options as the system restore. Select that option and there you will have to select the date when it was working well. Click on that and it will restore your computer settings to that point of time. I hope that it will let you out of the issue.

Do you have any antivirus installed in your computer? I am asking this because it may be the reason for this issue. If you want to check that then you can disable the antivirus that is installed in your PC and see if after that you are getting this issue. If problem is solved then it will en sure that the problem is with the antivirus and once you know the source of the issue then it will be simpler for you resolve the issue.

Restoring a week ago has not helped. I cannot go through the AVG virus analysis without equipment failure. I'll try to scan in low priority (longer but uses less resources). It seems that the CPU threshold of tolerance is increasing and is more because of an accident. So far I'm still assuming it's a hardware problem. I hope someone will come to some advanced solution for it.

I think the "resetting" temperature of the computer can help you; it would be rather insignificant compared to its normal operating temperature. Tell us some basic details about your computer. AVG does not like to have a deserved reputation it. We would prefer to run the free versions of Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. There are several people who will give personalized attention. Anyway, try two recommended software but both at the same time and see what it can do for you.

Thank you, the suggestion of trying to MalwareBytes was perfect! Quick analysis found a single infected file. After taking out of my system and seems faster and the CPU usage on a thorough analysis is not a peak above 60%. I pulled back and forth from being a geek and no. I know more than the average user (and I am the guru of my family). The last time I really got into the computers of all the cool kids were using AVG, so I've been shooting with. MalwareBytes AVG seems a more elegant and I really able to use it without my computer crashing, so he could have won more than a customer! I'll update if all goes well or not.