Thread: Is my Motherboard responsible for my slow Internet

Is my Motherboard responsible for my slow Internet

Hello friends, I am having a Toshiba laptop which is running Windows XP Operating System. I have recently started facing this particular problem with my Internet connection. Whenever I am trying to start some web page it takes a lot means a lot of time to load the page. So I wanted to know what must be the reason behind this problem. Is my Motherboard hampering my Internet Speed? Is the Motherboard of my computer responsible for all the problems? Please if anyone knows anything about this matter then come forward to reply my thread and help me solve the issue.

Re: Is my Motherboard responsible for my slow Internet

You should first of all check whether the internet connection is proper or not. Make sure you are router is properly connected to your computer. Uninstall and reinstall the router. You can check our whether the connection of your Internet is proper or not, by connecting some other laptop in the same network as yours and check whether internet is working fine in the other laptop or not. If Internet is working fine in another laptop then probably the problem is with your computer but if you are facing the same issue in other laptop as well, then probably the problem is with your Internet connection.

It is merely not possible to come to the conclusion directly without you giving us the proper details about your system. There can be any reason behind slow internet connection. So I would like to know more about the system details like which browser you use, what are the antivirus software or firewall utilities installed in your system. There are high possibilities that some installed application might be causing this problem, if there is some compatibility issue between them.

I would suggest you to first check your internet connection. Check your Internet speed. You can do that by searching speedtest on Internet and visit their website to check the speed of your Internet. You will be able to check your upload as well as the download speed of your internet on this website. Also I would suggest you to check the speed of your internet by using different browsers. Sometime corrupt or incompatible browser can also affect the speed of your internet speed. Also make sure that you have not kept auto update of any application ON. This would mean that they are automatically updating their files without letting you know, thus eating a good amount of your bandwidth.

Thank you, guys for showing your concern toward my issue. I checked out my Internet speed on Speedtest and I found it to be pretty good. Also there is no compatibility issue between any of the installed applications in my system. The speed issue is same in all the browsers. Sorry for not giving you proper information. My motherboard is having an embedded NIC and I had recently did a clean installation of Windows XP in my computer. Hope this information will help you, giving me a proper solution that might work for me. Thank you in advance.

As you said that you recently performed Windows reinstallation, it might be possible that you might have not installed the necessary drivers for your embedded NIC. Make sure that you are installing the correct drivers. As it is the embedded NIC you can’t install just any generic drivers, but you have to use the specific one which works well for your motherboard. Once you have installed the necessary drivers, try to check for more updates for it on Internet. If you are able to find any new updates, then install those updates as well.