Thread: So what do you know about LGA 2011 CPUs

So what do you know about LGA 2011 CPUs

So what do we really know about LGA 2011 CPUs. i am curious about the new line. Should be showing up around Q3 2011, quad channel memory, support for 1366 heat sinks, 6 to 8 core processors on 32nm extreme editions. there are not many facts out yet, still very quiet. The only sort of factual thing are the images that's floating about with LGA2011 and LGA1356. People are confused at which will be server and which will be desktop.

Re: So what do you know about LGA 2011 CPUs

I cannot wait for the LGA2011 processors to come out. I still have not upgraded to Intel® Core™ i7 Processor yet lol and Intel is already stepping it up. I'm still gonna upgrade to Intel® Core™ i7 Processor though and will be selling my EVGA X58 Classified E760, Intel Core i7 930, and Patriot Viper. in a year from now if any one will be interested. I hope these processors will break the central processing unit bottleneck that exist today. Even with two gtx we are seeing a greatly funneled from the central processing unit side so these new processors should keep things interesting. Imagine 100fps on Just imagine.On another note, these new central processing unit's should also make the transition to tessellation in games much easier.

the new main boards will support a whooping horse power of up till 8 cores but only the multimedia user will ever need such power. the games are being designed to adapt with more than two cores so a 6 core would be a good choice on the next socket so that you can keep it around long enough for when games will begin to use 6 cores which wont be for a while i bet. i am looking up for the future updates.

when over clocking the 2500K and 2600K beat the i7 990x in every bench mark out there and it is very easy to over clock the processors. i do not see any point in wasting so much money after the out dated processors the Intel® Core™ i7 Processor are very much outdated for now a days. its apparently not beneficial to invest so much for such products. Forget the RAM think about the CPU socket, looks huge really.

it seem like a dual channel technology rather than quad channel. the dual memory feeding cores are divided in an array of four. There is an internal ring-bus for forwarding memory data in the CPU to the relevant core. Quad-channel would be better simpler design in a single core system. in a multi channel situation the dual channel is much better as it allows the multiple cores are working independently. under this structure the theoretical efficiencies are the same, but dual dual-channels can be accessing different memory locations and forwarding the data directly to different processor cores simultaneously and independently. Whereas with quad channel, latency increases when the second memory request from the second core waits for the first to be completed then forwarded by the ring bus.