Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

NVIDIA gives permission to AMD use silicon chipset

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 02-05-2011

NVIDIA gives permission to AMD use silicon chipset

I uses the AMD motherboard and the performance of is good in home uses. Now I want to change my mother board and want to buy silicon chipset motherboard form same manufacturing company. In my knowledge AMD has no license from the Nvidia to use the silicon. I here form someone AMD got a license permission to manufacturing silicon chipset. So I want to confirm that, did AMD get a license from Nvidia or not.

Old 02-05-2011

Re: NVIDIA gives permission to AMD use silicon chipset

Its true Nvidia gives a license to AMD Company to manufacturing silicon chipset. This service is only given to 9 series AMD s motherboard not for more than 9 series or not for the previous. Nvidia also giving a license to much company to manufacture a silicon mother board like ASUS, gigabyte, ASrock and MSI. The more interesting reason behind this release is that ASUS launched AM3 motherboard, this motherboard is totally for gaming zone.
Old 02-05-2011

By using Silicon chipset we increase the clock bus speed and FSB speed also. Silicon chipset are more hit observation chipset. For this reason all company are willing to try to get a license form Nvidia. Nvidia is only company who has its own silicon technology to manufacture graphics cards. Finally AMD get license to silicon chipset technology in their mother board. This technology AMD only uses for 9 series of motherboard.
Old 02-05-2011

Nvidia gives a license to AMD Company to use the silicon technology. This move I s particularly wise because Nvidia wouldn’t need to invest to making a chipset. Nvidia offer SLI license to AMD Company for particular series of mother board to 9 series of mother board. This license for those particular model who has lack integrated radeon graphic chipset. Nvidia SLI chipset support with Intel mother board 5 and 6 series.
Old 02-05-2011

Silicon chipset is mostly use where processor perform high capacity job like in 3d gaming task. AMD release bulldozer processor for gaming zone and another reason is that Nvidia company offer SLI license to AMD. Nvidia Offer this license to AMD for particular model of motherboard like 9 series of motherboard. Nvidia gives this license to some company namely ASUS, Gigabyte, ASrock and MSI.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,