Thread: NVIDIA GeFOrce 7600 driver update caused BSOD on HP Pavillion 9000.

NVIDIA GeFOrce 7600 driver update caused BSOD on HP Pavillion 9000.

I am having HP Pavillion 9000 series laptop with the NVIDIA GeForce 7600 Go, and I have bought it with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 installed on it. I was recently formatting the Windows Vista with the new DVD. In the starting there was no problem but in the end I have got some options for Windows update and there was many updates everything was fine related to the security updates but in the end when I updated new NVIDIA driver, screen went blue at the time of restart and BIOS is also updated. It restarts with blue screen but system runs in Safe mode please help,

Re: NVIDIA GeFOrce 7600 driver update caused BSOD on HP Pavillion 9000.

Hey dude don’t worry that much because normally HP drivers causes the Blue screen which technically called as BSOD. And same is the case with the NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA web site. And the system will run in the normal mode when all the NIVIDIA specific drivers will be uninstalled. Whether you have downloaded from HP or NVIDIA and it runs in Microsoft Standard VGA mode. You have to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers to get rid of Blue screen.

Well this problem can be sorted out because if you wish to download the latest drivers then you need ING mod to make it run. Because for Nvidia driver there is only Beta version for Old GPU, You can try version 258.96 of Nvidia driver for the Windows 7/Vista 64 bit. First download the driver and then double click on it and extract. And then download the modded INF and replace re-place the original INF in the extracted folder then install it and restart your system.

I heard a lot about the dv9000 with GeForce 7600, that’s it user replaced their laptop or stopped using it because there many issues if you use this machine continuously like for the high gaming and other things so if you are using it a longer time then you have to reduce the time. Because these gets heated up very quickly you can use some external pad to keep it cool or download an application to check the temperature of GPU, download “Hwmonitor”.

Buddy I am quite sure that it’s an issue with the Nvidia so why don’t you email them the regarding your problem. They will provide you the right solution, which application and which driver version you have to install on your system. That might solve your problem, because if it’s a major problem that can damage your system, so it’s better to contact them. Or try to downgrade the driver version that may work.

Hey guys first of all thanks a lot for taking concern on my query, I posted this query on many sites but nobody have provided me the right solution. But here I have got two solutions which worked for me, first one is downgrading the Nvidia driver and other I haven’t tried that is the mod INF, but I have found the same solution on Nvidia site, so I think that might will also work but I am happy with the last version of Nvidia, I am sticking with that. Thank you guys,