Thread: 8GB or 12 GB RAM, which is the best

8GB or 12 GB RAM, which is the best

Hello friends, I want to upgrade my computer and want to add RAM with large capacity to it. This is the last changes that I am going to make in my computer. Then I will upgrade the whole system after few years. I am planning to equip the system with 8GB or 12 GB RAM, but I am not sure which one would e the best. There are only two slots left. There are two options that would match the present RAM set. 1- CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G or
    CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1333C9.currently I am using 4GB RAM. Can anyone help me to choose the best for my System.

Re: 8GB or 12 GB RAM, which is the best

You are having 4 GB RAM in your computer and I think it is enough for your system. What type of work do you perform in your system. For normal use you have got enough RAM but if you still want to upgrade it then you can go with either 8GB or 12GB RAM. I don’t think that you will ever need 12GB RAM. When you have that much large capacity of RAM then just using programs will not do. You have to be creative o how you are going to use it. According to me 8GB would be better.

Do you really need 12 GB RAM disk for your system. I think if you are not sure about it then it is worthless buying that much amount of RAM memory. As per my opinion 2GB or at max 4GB is best for your computer. Even 8GB I will not recommend for your system. So there is no point in over populating your PC with RAM unnecessarily. If you think that spending for 12GB RAM is one time investment and after that you will never have to upgrade the RAM . then the decision is all up to you. Before upgrading, make sure that the motherboard supports that amount of RAM memory.

I am having a computer that had 4 GB RAM earlier. I recently upgraded it to 8 GB RAM and after upgrading, I found that there is a boost in speed, my computer has become more faster than before. Though my computer never needed 8GB RAM, but the only reason for upgrading it to 8GB was cheap prices for RAM. It is the one time investment I did and in future I won’t have to increase RAM memory. I often use to work on photoshop and my 8GB RAM supports it well as compared to the 4 GB one.

I have to work on photoshop everyday and with my 2GB RAM, the system runs very slow. Nice to hear from you, that you are going to upgrade RAM for your computer. I will also get the RAM upgraded from 2 GB to 8GB. If you frequently run stuffs like photoshop, then upgrading RAM will help you to a great extent. Before installing the new RAM to the system make sure that it is compatible with the Motherboard and other hardware components, other wise the system will become unstable.

Thank you all guys, for your kind support and replies. I wanted to change the RAM of my computer from 4 GB to 12GB, but was very much confused in choosing one of them. I often use to work on photshop and I realized that the system slowed down when i run it in my 4GB RAM. This is the reason why I wanted to switch to 8 GB or 12 GB RAM. Now I have decided that to go with 8 GB RAM which I believe would run the application program better. Though there is not much difference in the price of 8GB and 12 GB RAM, I would prefer 8 GB RAM.