Thread: Asus P8P67 Deluxe does not support Windows 2008 R2

Asus P8P67 Deluxe does not support Windows 2008 R2

Hello, last five years I had used the Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard in mine computer system and still there is no issue occurred in this motherboard. Yesterday, I had try to install the windows Server 2008 R2 operating system over this system but, whenever I insert the motherboard CD into the DVD drive then the system gives the unsupported OS error message. I need to install this OS onto this system. Any kind of help will be appreciates.

Re: Asus P8P67 Deluxe does not support Windows 2008 R2

See, in this type of issues you need to understand the actual basic issue. The windows server 2008 R2 will not automatically install the driver of the motherboard. These kinds of automatic driver installation happen in the 775 motherboard. Hence you need to either replace the motherboard. Because this kind of motherboard will be supports the Dual processor but it gives the so much trouble when you try to install the server type of operating system.

See, this kind of issue has to be solved by using some special techniques. You need to firstly install the windows server 2008 R2 operating system. You can easily install this OS. But see later one you need to install the motherboard driver and this will gives the installation issue. For solving this kind of issue you need to used the online option for install the driver of the motherboard and I think it helps you to install the driver of the motherboard.

Hey I think you need to check the minimum configurations of the server OS and the kinds of motherboard supports this OS. This configuration of the OS presents in the user guide manual of the OS. You can view these configurations by using the online books and manual. This manual gives you the complete information of the WS 2008 R2 OS and the minimum configuration required for this OS. Also you need to check the manual of the motherboard because it shows the compatibility with the OS.

Hey dude, I also faced the similar kind of issue in this motherboard. I had used this motherboard in the last two years and there is no trouble occurred in the motherboard but it always restricts me to install the windows server 2008 operating system. Then last week I checked the minimum configurations of the windows 2008 R2 OS and I found out that it requires the minimum 1.4 GHz processor and I had insert the 1.2 GHz processor. Then immediately I replaced that processor and this OS works on the motherboard.

I also faced the similar kind of issue. In that time I try to install the windows server 2008 R2 operating system onto the Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard but I cannot able to install the motherboard driver. I had tried to replace the disk but this will not help to install the driver and then the system creates so much issue. Then I had decided to replace the motherboard. After replacing this motherboard this windows server 2008 R2 will help me to automatically install the driver and then the trouble is to be solved.