Thread: i5-560M chip & newer i7 2 core chips are faster than the older i7-740QM quad core chip

i5-560M chip & newer i7 2 core chips are faster than the older i7-740QM quad core chip

I was just doing some RND and for that I was searching Goggle and I saw some review which declared that the i5-560M chip and newer i7 2 core chips are quicker than the older i7-740QM quad core chip, is this correct? Is there any kind of heating problem with the newer i7 chips? I had been chatting about a Sony F series and the dell studio xps16 both with i7 quad cores but am now wondering about dropping the spec to i5.

Re: i5-560M chip & newer i7 2 core chips are faster than the older i7-740QM quad core chip

I would search on some sites for graphics and CPU benchmarks found on the machines in question. There is some misunderstanding that the i7 is always faster or better than the i5. I see no reason to replacement the web about it, but I want to share a great reason to avoid the exceptional i7 is the rare dual-core. Is the heat and low battery times. If you are looking for a desktop substitute, get the i7 quad. If you need a laptop, please do your research again and the i5.

Re: i5-560M chip & newer i7 2 core chips are faster than the older i7-740QM quad core chip

I've looked at the site and cannot find TomsHardware graphics CPU for these phones. Probably just me looking in the wrong place. I'll take a look at the Intel site and see if I can find the equivalent desktop CPU then check out the place of Tom. I'm looking to use the laptop as a desktop replacement so the battery does not bother me too much. Heat is a problem unless it is so bad that it destroys the CPU or set the desktop on fire.

The difference between the two should be fairly easy to use desktop versions of the CPU lists. So if you have some 2.21GHz vs 1.6GHz i7 i5 can put the numbers side by side to see what you earn by how much. I do not expect mobile versions to compare differently (not past) the percentage wise. Now that you have shown is a desktop replacement account only against common today Quad Core i7 is the heat. Go shopping on 14:00 in the stores and feel the burn.

Still I cannot see the equivalent on the lists, I've noticed that the new i7 are usually faster than the i5. The only time that is not the case is in several new i5, which also appear to be four cores. I looked through "some explanation laptops and it seems that the i5 is best benchmark figures of the former i7. I was surprised that the i5 should be increasingly better benchmarks but I have some i7 paid much attention to hardware for a while to not know the logic behind the development of chips i nucleus. Thanks for your patience and advice. The only difficulty now is that the conclusion to go with the i5 has opened new markets for I can have another look at Asus and Toshiba to see how they compare to the F series vaio.

I see the i5 has two cores and four threads per hyper threading. My wife's laptop running hot is the i7 and shows 8 CPUs in the subway, but is only 4 cores. This seems to confuse the respondents, and other sales folk, but does not really matter at this time because they have discovered that some of i5 can better some i7. He is now in the knowledge that you cannot choose any laptop i7 and expect them to run faster than any laptop i5. Currently, the i5 we will re-use is not so hot for hot laptops (except for games) with many laptops that offers switchable graphics or plain of Intel high-definition graphics that is fine for most jobs and video game.

I decided to take full machines and could not find reference points for the correct CPU. Quite a few machines with specifications very similar except for a difference in the CPU were the i5 to do better general reference to a wide range of tests. There are slight differences in the speed of RAM that can be used i7 i5 and what might make a difference, but I cannot remember what was ram laptops checked. Interestingly, Intel's website seems to be pushing towards the i5 unless you require a large amount of open programs.