Thread: Intel Xeon E5620 processor VS Intel core i7 950

Intel Xeon E5620 processor VS Intel core i7 950

I just want to know what is the difference between the two processors. I know that xeon is a little expensive then the Intel core processors. I have heard that overall they have the same features and hence perform exceptionally well but I want to know if we keep a benchmark test then who will outperform each other. This is what I need to know. So does anyone have any idea on this then please do let me know as well. If possible do reply fast I am waiting for your response.

Re: Intel Xeon E5620 processor VS Intel core i7 950

Yes you were correct as such there is nothing much difference between the two processors but as such I feel that going with the intel core i7 950 is a good option because overall it has proven to deliver a good amount of power during the overclocking. In fact the amount of power consumption is also much less then compared to the xeon processors and hence i think going with the core i7 would be the suitable choice for you. So that’s what I want to say here and I think that will be the much better option for you.

According to me there is nothing great competition between the two processors the reason I am saying this is because I have seen the comparisons and all the test results shows that it has a good core speed and I think the efficiency of both the speed processors are the same. So what I would like to say is that instead get a good core processor like intel core i7 980 or even a 990x processor will also do the justice. So that’s what I want to add here and do reconsider your decision that you want to make.

Yes I absolutely agree with the above user comparing the two processors would do no justice at all and hence I think comparing the processors with some other efficient processor will be a good thing to do. In spite of that if you ask me which one of the above mentioned two would be the better then I would advise you to go ahead with the xeon processor simply because intel core i7 950 does lags a bit behind the xeon processor 950 is the slowest of all the intel i7 processors and hence my vote would obviously go with the xeon processor that you have mentioned above. So I hope you have got the answer that I have mentioned above.

Ok, well that’s the mixed reviews that I am getting from both the side and I think I will have to search more somewhere to get the exact answer for my question. Anyways thanks for the suggestions that you all have given. Anyways with your suggestions I am not getting to decide which one would be the perfect solution for me. So tell me what should I do? Any more suggestions that will make my decision pretty clear then please do let me know about it.