Thread: Can I use Rog overclocking station on Rampage III Black Edition

Can I use Rog overclocking station on Rampage III Black Edition

I just want some overview on the technical specs of Rampage III Black Edition. I had planned to go for the upgrade and this one is the most recent mobo out. Second thing I had a old Rog overclocking station which I was using with my laptop. I want some information this also that does this will work with the motherboard. I do not there is a support for that but this is really an awesome dock for overclocking. I did not find much easier than the same. If yes then how to configure the same on the motherboard.

Re: Can I use Rog overclocking station on Rampage III Black Edition

The motherboard Rampage III Black Edition has its own setup of overclocking facilities in the bios and on the motherboard itself. So there is not need to worry to use the dock on the same and in my view this will not work at all. I will also recommend you not to use the same. Misconfiguration can damage your motherboard. Better go for an easy way by overclocking your processor by the default utilities that are given in the bios itself.

Yes I too think this will really does not work. It is a nice 3 inch display overclocking station that I use. It is said that if mounted on a motherboard properly it can control all the bios settings for overclocking and the management of fans speed. But I am not sure that this will work for the Rampage III Black Edition. No one has tested the same yet. And you are aware that overclocking is really a kind of risky job. So you can just give a try.

Rog overclocking station is good for overclocking settings and it can easily modified with adjustable voltages, operating frequency, CPU Level Up and ASUS EPU-6 Engine without having to enter the BIOS. The motherboard too belongs to Asus so there might be certain support given to the same. You must take care before using the same. I too preferred to go with the motherboard bios settings instead of playing with the dock settings.

Asus Rampage III Black Edition is an high end motherboard. There is no need to use any docking station here. It will be possible to install up to 24GB of DDR3 RAM, six memory slots have been provided to receive up to 2200 MHz clocked arrays. The motherboard has more than what you expect and I will really not recommend this. Till yet there is nothing notified by Asus about the compatibility of ROG with this. Avoid using the same. There are switches provided on the board itself to overclock.

Yes that is right. Do not go for any of those. Better keep them for your laptop or other device. The board has overclocking chipset and settings over the motherboard itself. You can turn the same and on and run it. You can then also disable if you do have any further use for that. You can see a view of the same on the official site. Other than this the motherboard has ample of connections and output. Read the compatibility manual before doing any thing.