Thread: Does Rampage III Black Edition has EFI BIOS support

Does Rampage III Black Edition has EFI BIOS support

I just want to know that the coming Rampage III Black Edition has an EFI bios support. If yes then what are the other things this new motherboard has. I am finding a EFI Bios motherboard. I want to custom build my own system based on Mac. Now the only way to get an proper support is that using motherboard equipped with EFI bios. I tried searching a lot for this, but there is nothing shown internet. There is not much information provided for the same. Where can I get appropriate support for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Rampage III Black Edition has EFI BIOS support

No there is no support for EFI Bios on Rampage III Black Edition motherboard. You find nothing on the same. But if you are looking for a similar support then you must go for Asus Deluxe P8P67. This motherboard has the support for the same and comes all new features. It has a support for four DIMM dual channel DDR3 2400MHz or 2133Mhz slots. These ports are powered by three phases. It also consist of eight SATA ports, four SATA 3.0Gb / s (blue) and four SATA 6.0Gb / s. So the board is an ideal choice for EFI configuration.

That is really a sad news about the same that Rampage III Black Edition does has EFI BIOS. This can be due to the usage and demand in the market. We might have noticed motherboards with common BIOS is widely found and they are even more compatible with a large of hardware released. So there might be some time needed when a large number of manufactures will shift back to EFI. There is also no updates provided for the same till yet. You might need to wait a bit more time or switch back to some different model.

I am not able to understand why regular systems does not move to EFI. For an 32 bit architecture there is really a lack of support by the vendors.If you search you can found that EFI is quiet available for Mac systems, Linux systems, etc. Some of them also work for windows data center server. There is a very limited edition for the same which is used. The reason behind that can only be lack of support with the manufacturers who are selling the same.

MSI has some of the motherboards which come with EFI support. I found a motherboard which fits your need is P35 Neo3. This is a has support for running both 32 bit and 64 bit operating system. You will find that the regular bios can only run on 32 bit operating system and there is lack of support for the 64 bit. So that makes your job tougher and even choices for the hardware also. You must search for more similar models before going for an EFI support.

The EFI allows many things from the bios itself like accessing the Internet or play games. But it is especially meant for more better to use where you can configure your BIOS setup with the mouse. Intel is developing a new BIOS called EFI to retire the current BIOS in the near future, such as EFI seem to be Open Source. EFI currently supports some Linux distributions that use elilo. EFI interface options allow control using the mouse instead of using the arrow keys and number keys.