Thread: Getting “New CPU installed” error message on every boot

Getting “New CPU installed” error message on every boot

I recently upgraded my system to ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard with AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor and 64 bit Windows 7 running in my it. After upgrading, when I started my computer I got this error message “New Cpu Installed! Please enter setup to configure your system”. I am unable to understand why this is happening. Does anyone have any idea related to this matter? If yes then please help me to get rid of this. Suggestions are always appreciated.

Re: Getting “New CPU installed” error message on every boot

You should probably check out whether all the connections are proper or not. It might be possible that during upgrading your system you must have plugged in the device loosely and that is why the system is not able to recognize exactly which hardware was installed and prompts for new CPU is installed. Detach all the hardware and re-attach them again. If this is not working then you should perform flashing of the BIOS to some older version or to the latest version of the BIOS.

I also faced this problem and performed the following steps to solve my problem:
    Start your computer.
    • To enter the SETUP Menu, press F1.
    • Now load the default bios by pressing F2.
    • You will notice that if after pressing F2, if everything is OK then the system will start normally
    • But if it doesn’t start normally you will directed to BIOS setting. There you can change your BIOS setting to the time when you were not facing this problem.
    • The only irritating issue with mine is that I always have to press F2 to start the PC.

You should try the mentioned method:
    • Replace the Battery from your laptop
    • Remove the jumper from 1-2 and place them to 2-3 to clear CMOS
    • Flash the BIOS to the previous working version or the latest available version
    • Check all the processor pins
    • Install the processor on the motherboard
    • Replace your Power Source with something else

I had also faced this problem and after lots of searching about this matter on Internet I was able to find a working solution for me. I had tried every possible solution like flashing the BIOS, Replacing the battery, clearing the CMOS. Then I read somewhere that the problem also occurs when the power supply is not proper. So I replaced my power supply to +3.3V which are normally used by my computer (you should check for yours) and surprisingly everything was solved. I don’t know which part worked for me. But these were the few steps which I did and my system got back to normal.

Trying to resolve the issue by yourself by opening the case of your system is a bit risky for a newbie. If you are an expert then you can continue your good work. But I would rather suggest you not to try it if you don’t have much hardware knowledge. You may end up spoiling things to the worst instead of making them better. You should rather contact any expert, a hardware technician or any computer store where you think your problem can be solved. They are the best people to contact with. It will cost you minimum if you get it done by the experts rather then you doing it by yourself and ending up destroying it to more.