Thread: Need to know more about AMD phenom II Opteron 12-cores.

Need to know more about AMD phenom II Opteron 12-cores.

Hello friends, if I am not wrong with my news, then I have a great news for you all. I have got a news that some the online retailers are taking some order for AMD 12 cores processor as if six cores weren’t enough. Isn’t is great friends? So I wanted from you all is I want to know more about this, so we must work together and let us do some more research on it. What do all say we must do it or it is fake? Can anyone give me some more info on it? Please reply to this post.

Re: Need to know more about AMD phenom II Opteron 12-cores.

Yes my friend you are right! We must do some search on it, as I have started to do that, and I also have one good news for you all. Retailers are taking order for AMD Phenom Opteron 12 core processor. This processor runs at 1.71 GHz and has 16MB of cache memory, but there is only one bad news is that it is too costly. There is another edition within it is, AMD Opteron 12 cores 6136 series which runs at 2.4 GHz and contain 18MB of cache memory it is also too costly. The slower version in this series runs on just 65W of power while 2.4GHz model runs on 105W of power. So friends we must do more research. Thank you.

Hey that’s very good news I am just imaging the power of this processor. I wanted to see the images of Opteron 12 core, anyone have images. I have tried to find out but I didn’t get any image. If someone gets it, please upload it. I have done more research and read almost every post on it, and I wish I was in need of server, I would have done rock with this processor, but only problem is price. We must wait for price to come down. I have seen server motherboard with 4 processor support, and using Opteron 12 core you can have 48 processors, that is the great thing man.

Hey friends we all are getting very happy but as per my knowledge with motherboards and processors and their compatibility, I wish it must be made up of AM3 board support, and also with latest BIOS update, if it is not then this is no use. And I don’t think the Opteron series are made in AM3 or AM2 + socket board support. I wish it must be made with this socket support but I am pretty sure that there must be different socket for this processor. So let hope for best and wait for this processor to be released. And we will see for socket after relese of processor. All the best! And thanks to work like a team on this Forum.