Thread: MSI K8T FIS2R BIOS 1.8 cannot find NVRAM

MSI K8T FIS2R BIOS 1.8 cannot find NVRAM

Today I flashed my BIOS to version 1.8. After flashing (using the DOS method) that could not enter the CMOS setup 8 out of 10 times. This happens on my system before and after loading defaults and reconfigure the BIOS seems stable again. However! One difference I noticed. During the POST now I get: Checking NVRAM. NO NVRAM. It seems to me this version of the BIOS NVRAM search at the wrong offset. Thus, cleaning the NVRAM is not an option. Anyone else with 1.8 notist this? For now I switched back to 1.7. This is (for me) remains the most stable version ever.

Re: MSI K8T FIS2R BIOS 1.8 cannot find NVRAM

I think that was running before 1.3 bios tonight. First, upgraded to 1.7, since it is not realized 1.8 being out yet. I could not even get the WinXP cd to move from black hardware detection screen. So I looked around and saw the 1.8 bios and tried, same thing happened. Then I tried 1.6 and it worked very well. The only things I notice that seem different were the 1.6 the nvram in the flashing number was 10000 and 20000 is 1.7/1.8. Do you have the latest BIOS I think the nvram is greater than it really is? I have not tried the 1.81 beta bios yet, but I think I'll give it a try.

I had this problem the day after upgrading to 1.8, was not really paying attention to the situation during the boot sequence until I installed software the next day (why should I start the machine and it worked pretty well.) However, after some software installing was not able to boot to XP home. Could start in two, but not XP, not even in safe mode, last known good, or from the installation disk, trying to make a repair, this is when noticed I have "Proof of NVRAM - NVRAM not found" After trying various things, I opened the lid and a hard reset cmos and solved all my problems, including the question no nvram. I have been working perfectly for more than four days now.

I upgraded to 1.8 a few days ago and did not like the look of the message NO VRAM, so returns to 1.7. Although I did run the draft one day in 1.8 without any problems and the update seemed to have a draft I feel faster. I also tried to reset the CMOS without compromising so I guess your update if you think it is safe and does not update if you have any questions until MSI respond in a way more informative. On a side note, apart from 1.8 and 1.81b does anyone have a beta version 1.9 or up with everything and I did or the usual suspects (BAS and Jocko) disappear. I do not see then that gives us any advice or information to computer lately anyway happy with our fingers crossed preview MS 64-bit again soon.

At first this seemed true. Looking in my part of PC-BIOS's health and use of CoreCenter, temperatures dropped to around 20 degrees C (Well, the system temperature seems higher than the temperature of the CPU, but maybe that measure northbridge temperature, which seems logical since also adjust the fan speed Nortbridge). The strange thing is that after reviewing the temperatures CoreCenter and I tell Windows (XP, Service Pack 1a) to restart, the temps in my bios (PC-health) and reported by CoreCenter are the same values as high as before upgrading my bios firmware.

After the first response I received very quickly MSI, MSI is now kept very quiet. I sent another email to them with a link to this thread. Maybe it would help. By the way, perhaps because they are busy with a mail server infected with the virus, because I have a message on Wednesday from them indicating that I am infected with a variant of Netsky. And that's not possible, never infected. But just to be sure my system again revised with the latest virus definition files and other scanners so I normally use.

I guess it would be a matter of opinion. I guess you could argue that, because if the pound in a 1.8 setup is likely enough to find a way to get your system stable again, then it is perfectly safe. On the other hand, blows to the configuration can be a real pain, especially since some of them have obscure names and little documentation, and most people did not expect a BIOS update to force them to have to reconfigure your system to to work properly again.