Thread: 4 red led’s on MSI K8t board

4 red led’s on MSI K8t board

I just ordered the Newegg pack system with an Athlon 64 3400 +. Followed the manual, did everything right from the placement of the CPU, 4-pin connector, it was very easy and foolproof. Of course, when I turned the thing on the tears began to flow as it all was not well moboville. But then I thought, how nice to see on the Internet and looking at some other threads I thought, "Hey, what if my power supply is a piece of shit?" So I ask all those who have more experience than me: a 300W power supply causes 4 red LEDs due to be insufficient, or is that strictly related to the processor wrong / bad processor installed?

Re: 4 red led’s on MSI K8t board

It is not power that counts, but the 12v rail. Power Search for the label and see how many amps the 12v rail provides. If it is below the average of 20 years, then I might be the cause. Also note that RAM is the culprit always four red lights on the D-Bracket. Or rather, the time of the RAM that is set in Bios. To find out what times are the RAM is first set to publish. These require shutting down the system and pull the rope. Remove the RAM and Biographies of the restoration of the bridge. Then paste in a single stick of RAM and plug it on and watch dad if you get anything on the screen. If it does then hit the DEL key to enter bios. Now you have to start by setting BIOS defaults, then go to Times Ramon and reached an agreement with the factory RAM recommended for A64. Then you should be able to send full.

Thank you very much for the quick response and detailed. I looked at my power supply label and under the table that says 12V 15A, which is certainly in the mid 20's. Do not try to reset the BIOS, because I only had a pole installed in the first place and, frankly, I'm kind of tired of taking the thing apart. I'll try to install a new power supply tomorrow and I will respond on this issue if it works correctly. Thanks! Oh, and for the record, I'm not entirely new to this, just be a little too long between updates seems that things were much easier in your day!

I had another concern before it out of my head for the night. I tried clearing the CMOS and I found something strange. It seems as if the bridge is set in CMOS setup rather than the keep fit data. However, when I passed the bridge, I could not turn at all. Is the system really is not the time to clear the CMOS (that is, I'm holding the manual in the wrong orientation)?

Hi I have exactly the same package of new egg. And I feel exactly the same problem did u get the GEIL ram? I for a while I was having nothing more to read and then disconnect all. reset the CMOS, re attached my vid card to the left of the hard disk, CD / RW and everything else without attachments, and receipt was "a red 2.4 green" I think it's a problem with vines and al thinking with the 4 red my processor is bad .. It drives me crazy; anyway sometimes it can enter the BIOS, although I would not change anything. One of the things, and I will save, it goes blank and I get the 4 red leds of doom and again when I got to install XP, or in the installation process, which went out and got 4 again, was to reset the CMOS again please help I have a Neo2 K8T800 AMD Athlon 64 3400 + ATI Radeon 9800XT 256, RAIDMAX case, 450 watt ups and leg 200 GB Maxtor hard disk.

Nope, but the best advice I can give is this. This is simply a build machine. It is not life or death. If you are frustrated then walk away from it and get your head straight. Do not touch it, while they are frustrated because they could make a mistake a lot easier. You can wait until tomorrow and his team will be grateful in the end. Worst case is taking it to the basics of what it takes to start and try from scratch. Remember that this is something we like doing and learning. Do not make this difficult. If necessary then return and have information as possible. We are here for you and do what we can to help. Hey, even those of us who have always run into something nasty from time to time. We do the same. Breathe, Relax, and take another stab at it when ready.

It is not real as I've never tried mine without the RAM. However, as I know MSI D-Bracket favors the answer is likely. However, as I said before throwing everything not needed to start, as the sound card, modem, or any other PCI card or additional units. Reset the BIOS by the book. Check the motherboard for the actual position numbers and not rely solely on the images as the manual and the food cannot be an accurate result. POP the stick of PC2100 and see if you have a message screen. If so, enter the CMOS Setup via the F1 or DEL, and then set the RAM memory ranges for the MEM Giel. Then shut down and pop in a stick of good things and post.