Thread: Raid configuration setting for 890FXA-GD70

Raid configuration setting for 890FXA-GD70

Hello friends. Greetings to all . My 3*2 tetra bytes Samsung drives are all working in a proper condition. Now, I wish to run them on raid 5. The issue is that I am not able to boot from my main drives . What can be the problem, please give me solutions. I have tried to change my Sata options but still no happiness.. Thanks in advance for the help. Appropriate replies are highly appreciated.

Re: Raid configuration setting for 890FXA-GD70

Hi. Firstly, I hope that the raid options have been successfully set up. If not, then that can be the issue. I hope you have not missed out on any of the step. In case you cannot find any of the solution then I guess you will have to format the main drives. I guess that will surely resolve the issue. I also recommend you to try registry mod after you have changed the sata options. By doing that, your issues may be resolved. My OS is windows 7.

Hi . As per my knowledge, as the onboard is software, it is not the right option , give a try to run in software raid. I am telling you this because it is controller dependent. Hence, software raid can prove to be the best solution according to me and also software raid is very faster as compared to the onboard as raid 5. That can be really very fruitful for you . I hope that my views help you in some way and you will be happy.

Hi. This is not a big issue that you have mentioned. You can find the options of enabling or disabling the controllers. Once you enable is, drivers are manageable from a menu that can be accessed during a controller boost. Then pressing the keys control and F button, you can delete data from the drives. I will also suggest you that you can read through the manuals, just see if online you can get any solution or in that case basic input output system.

Hi. My suggestion would be that you should set the drives In ahci or ide mode, that would enable you to do raid 5 in windows 7. Also, generally, ide is preferable. Then perform the partition and put the partition in raid 5 as you want to. Thus, after doing the above procedure, I hope you will be able to receive a better and improved throughput from your hard drives. I hope till now your issue is resolved and my views gives you positive result.

Hi, I hope you are doing well. As you are using operating system as windows 7, I would enlighten you by saying that there will be an option for raid 5 in the windows partition manager. Also, you can change from ide to ahci , in case booting is not possible then , perform registry fix. That would surely solve the problem. So, just follow whta I have told you in a proper manner and thereafter, you wont have any problem. I hope you will be happy by now. Thanks.