Thread: Normal idle temperature of Intel Core i7 740QM CPU

Normal idle temperature of Intel Core i7 740QM CPU

I have just bought a new Asus N71Q laptop today. I always looking for such a laptop because it is running with Core i7 740QM CPU and finally I got it in my hand. I have run Core Temp and Real Temp to ensure the temperature of my CPU. AT that time I have noticed that my cores are all idling during the high 50s C. I have checked these temps following only few hours’ usage. The cores will not inactive at below the short to mid 50s. Do you think that this is the normal temperature of CPU in the laptop? Should I need to return it? What do you suggest me?

Re: Normal idle temperature of Intel Core i7 740QM CPU

I have also bought the Asus G73jw A1 which is even running with an Intel i7-740qm CPUin it. I was wondering the similar obsession like you. My temps idle at concerning 38-45c. Still rendering video from video editors, the temperatures have not at all gone higher than 63c. I check the temps through "Core Temp". Its freeware and it places the temp of every core inside the system tray in concurrently. The 50c might be high but not as high like it can harm the system and end in errors. If you really want to control the temp then try to use good cooler like Intel stock cooler.

What I suggest is attempt rendering a few video, otherwise makes use of the likes of DVDShrink to actually squeeze a DVD and whilst the laptop is at work, check the CPU usage as well as temps and observe what you dig up. Be certain the spot the laptop is sitting on is "standard" and not a cooling stuffing nor several insulator similar to your lap otherwise bed-spread. Furthermore a wooden table is also an insulator. A glass otherwise metal desk top is finest. Truthfully with an Asus and an i7, the laptop must not set off on top of 80c.

I own a ASUS G53JW-XA1 laptop which idles within the 30 to 40C and while playing games it digs up into the 60s and 70s except the thing is with Intel processors they have a overheat guard if the Motherboard is proficient. If not I would make use of Core Temp and just remain it running into the surroundings! You can inform Core temp to shutdown otherwise Close the whole thing if the microprocessor gets to a certain temperature point. Furthermore I would recommend that your find somewhat called HW Monitor on your laptop.

There has been fairly a bit of converse newly regarding Intel Core i7 processors and what temperature they must be operating. The Core i7 processors have a TDP of 130W, and run moderately hot evaluated to the Core 2 Quad processors which we’ve utilized in the past. A Google search describes that there is huge puzzlement and propaganda around the web. Our suggestion is to maintain Intel Core i7 processors beneath 80C. That provides you a well edge in case you’re working a serious load on your processor on a mostly burning summer day. During the extended run, the cooler you run for your microprocessor must be the improved one. That’s why we suggest the Puget Hydro CL1 intended for a CPU cooler.

What we have established is that Intel Core i7 processors have tremendously first-class temperature acceptance. Not simply are they prepared with a Hi-K silicon which is capable to endure elevated temperatures, except they have extremely superior power supervision. There are additional transistors committed to power supervision on Core i7 processors than there were transistors in the unique Pentium Pro processor! What we’ve established is that the Intel Core i7 processors strangle behind their pace opening at 100C. Therefore, 100C is the utmost operating hotness of Intel Core i7. Though, because of the great power supervision, we have not at all seen unsteadiness caused by temperature.