Thread: Getting RMA service through MSI

Getting RMA service through MSI

Has anyone had experience with a MSI RMA? I received an RMA number and was greeted by them; I have an e-mail saying I had the board. I asked on 1 April on the status of the board of the website of MSI services, but as of today April 10 have not heard a word from them. Is this normal? I had sent my CPU back to AMD and have to turn the same day and around a phone call telling me that they found nothing wrong with the chip, I wrote the tracking number and that seemed exceptional to me. But to go 10 days to a system acknowledgement email support technology seems way to long term. If this is the norm, then I'm stuck with it, otherwise I'll try something else to run to someone.

Re: Getting RMA service through MSI

Just an update of the RMA. Finally received the repair of the back plate and had to run for a very short time, but no solutions. Now the problem is getting to the d-bracket with a RTC code. Do not start. If I manually put the red reset button for a few seconds, the board will start normally and you can use your PC as if nothing had happened. All things, volts, normal temperatures. The usability is very good. If you do a restart or shutdown and then try to restart, do not start. Have to hit the reset button. Are you going to do that and try to run the BIOS to update the information, and restart the system simply will stay in the RTC. Do you have another rma and see where it goes. It seems that now is the time to try to return to Asus. So far this is the worst advice I have ever used. Never let the overclocking, although a small degree. With all the hype, especially Toms Hardware great magazine, I thought it was time to test an msi and changed the Asus, I guess I was wrong. The problem is that we have a different CPU and memory. Well, maybe the third time is a charm and the MSI to get it fixed right this time.

Well, just got back plate. A little advice for anyone who needs an RMA. Are you the online form, send the card with the MBR, and then a week and a half, called MSI directly to verify the rma. On both occasions, now I've done and the council should have been done and waiting for shipment. The visitor to phone and say that will be sent in a week. The next day, I would get an email saying that the board sent. The trouble is there is never any information as to what was done to the board; it would be nice to see what if anything was found. The first time I sent this forum should have updated the bios and nothing else, should be interesting to see if it did anything this time. You must wait until the weekend to rebuild the system. If you have the same problem I think I'll use the card and get some use from it.

The K8N Diamond is not bad advice! RMA twice the chance of 1 to millions of bad news. No way that's the case. Have you tried a simple PC-2100 single stick? No, I did it again. Please, by all means go to Intel, just look at the tables of the X these boards are all bad? No way, only the components those are not compatible / work. As stated above, all information has to be dragged out of you, no matter what brand or system, you need to give more information if you need or want help, it's that simple.

Comes back to reading the message prior to his last message. I'll repeat it for you. Insert Quote
    I do not know what your problem but why would I want to try a cheap strip slower memory when I got to say the board was working now it is back to MSI, a second time. What did the first time only changed the parameters of the problem, rma secondly, that it fixed. One in a thousand million is a little loopy, including you. Tried and the second attempt, fixing the problem.

Well this is an unpleasant scene. The PC was working fine for a while, then maybe once every couple of days I have to use the CMOS reset button and the PC will boot normally. Unfortunately, today has to be restarted with the red button every time I try to boot. I added nothing; nothing has changed in the bios or anywhere else for that matter. Just get the red two by two green LED indicates the RTC again. Thanks for your help in the past, but I'm at my wits end. Even try an additional brand of memory and no dissimilarity. If I had another CPU swap, but this is the only 939 I have. Consider new board and CPU I guess.

If you never had a problem before, so do not even consider it a software problem. For some reason, corruption must be obtained, as I have never had a problem with patches before either. Sure what it is. I'll wait a week or so and then try to get an overclock to 3.0MHz. We need to see that to get the most out of FSX as Phil Taylor Aces study. In his blog he was saying that you need very close to take full advantage of new video cards. So I have to do more research on overclocking in this PC and see if you can. I have seen this kind of results here in the forum for this type of board, CPU to have nothing much to lose (I hope not).