Thread: MSI k8n diamond voltage increasing?

MSI k8n diamond voltage increasing?

Sorry for my poor English. I have bought Mushkin XP4000 2 * 512 ram Cl2 2 2 6 BH5 to run on my MSI Diamond again, but little did I know that the Board shall not more than 3.2 volts for the ram. This ram is supposed to operate at 3.4 to 3.5 volts for increased performance and can be adjusted to 3.5 before void the warranty. I updated my BIOS 3.0a did not allows me to increase the voltage to 3.4, but still not enough. This ram performs better with more tension. I do not want to replace the board or the ram but it will probably replace the board if I cannot find a simple solution. Does the RAM voltage can go higher in future versions of the bios? Is there a mod you can do to increase it? If you help me I'll be so happy.

Re: MSI k8n diamond voltage increasing?

So this is illustrative. As a result, you mean moving the bridge to extend the range and security is more stable and out of warranty. But I could not understand that when I want to give back to the old way of using a ram worse eg. My old TwinMOS CL2.5 3 3 7 who wants nothing more than 3.0 volts, I can return? And also what is RMA? I could not understand, too

If memory and love can take vcore its better and more stable. If only the bridge returns to its normal position default. Currently I have modded BIOS experimental. If your vcore success may be used full range (from 4.1V to 2.65V +5 V) when the bridge is in the extended range. Have to know where to test. Make sure you are well and safe for use. RMA -> Return to manufacturer

Ok I'll do it the shortest time to take a greater production of rams. You could really convince me. "By the way, how does the fatality C77 in Diamond Plus board?" S turned off the south bridge fan. (However it is very noisy and does not affect the cooling of the northbridge. Put a loft of 12 cm fan to the side panel of the box instead of him), then equipped cogens. There is a refrigerator suthbridge contact the copper, but no problem.