Thread: After installing 890fx-g65 motherboard, usb and video card looses power

After installing 890fx-g65 motherboard, usb and video card looses power

Yes guys I am having this kind of problem from quite sometime. I have assembled this pc some days ago an di had installed this motherboard, plus I had installed the radeon 6950 sapphire card in it, also I have the phenom x4 965 black processor in it. This kind of problems happens when I am about to play some games and I don’t know what happens suddenly the usb looses power and sometimes even the video card has this same problem. I am really confused on what can be done to solve this issue. Anyone of you who could help me here then please let me know about it.

Re: After installing 890fx-g65 motherboard, usb and video card looses power

You have not mentioned anything about the psu. So that’s what I want to say check the supply voltage of the psu in the cpu monitor wizrd and mark out the voltages supplied. See much depends on the amount of voltage supplied by the psu. If you have considered any normal psu that delivers power up to 500W then sorry to say that it will not be of much help for you. Upgrade your psu and use some good psu’s that will deliver the amount of power that you are looking for.

Yes I absolutely agree with the above user I think a Corsair VX-550 or anything higher then that will certainly do the trick for you. The reason why you are facing this kind of problem is because as the above user said, of the poor psu in your system. So do have a look at all the suggestions that I have given here and I must say that it will be of lot of help for you. Check out for some good online stores that will give you some discounted rates on the psu that you get. So I hope you have got the solution of the problem.

Hey guys nice to see a problem being discussed which is as similar as mine. So I want to know if I use a 8 pin connector in the motherboard then would it be ok? I have this small doubt and hence I want to know about it. I have this cover of 4 pins in the motherboard then I need to will it cause any harm t the board if I use the 8 pin connectors. So this is a small question that I have placed it before you all. I hope it gets answered soonly. So waiting for your response.

According to me it should not give any such kind of problems at all. This is because even i am using it with the 8 pin connector and it has never given me any kind of such problems. I don’t know why the caps are being used and placed in that manner. Just remove off the caps and you will get the 8 pin connector. So I hope I have answered your simple question. In case if you have any other doubt then do feel free to pot in your question here.

Yes guys you were right I was having a 600W Kingwin Mach 1 and the psu was indeed not so good enough to give me power supply that I needed. Yes, I am deciding to change the psu with a good one. I got a couple of good suggestions from you all. I will definitely have a look over it and see to it that I get a good one. So thanks a lot everyone for having a look at all of my suggestions I appreciate your efforts for helping me out here.