Thread: ASUS P5E 775 X38 motherboard installed, need a usb 2 driver

ASUS P5E 775 X38 motherboard installed, need a usb 2 driver

I just upgrade to the windows 7 operating system and I just happened to throw away the installation cd. Well basically I am looking for a good usb 2.0 driver but I am unable to find it anywhere, strangely I have got the drivers of all the others from the Microsoft websites but i am not getting the drivers for the usb 2 port from the website. So where else can I find the drivers for the usb 2 port. If there is any other website then please notify me about that.

Re: ASUS P5E 775 X38 motherboard installed, need a usb 2 driver

See the usb drivers and all other stuff you will get it from the Microsoft website only. The only other thing from where you can find this driver is the manufacturers website. It is very rare that you will find the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s website. So just check in the asus website s and see whether you are able to get anything from there. If you are able to get anything then its your luck, so go ahead and try with the installation hope you might be successful.

Have you checked properly installing any hardware to the usb port. If you have a usb mouse then do install the mouse in the usb port and check if it is running properly or not. If it is running properly then everything is working fine, you were just under the assumption that you were not having the usb port. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here. Properly check with the external hardware's that you might be having and you might get the answer.

Yes, I absolutely agree with the above user. See what you should do in this situation is that take a look at the USB subsystem which is there in the Device manager. Now you must expand that list and must look for the enhanced' controller and see if it is there listed or not. If you could find them in the list then you are having the usb 2.0 driver and you are just worrying about the fact that you don’t have it. So have a good look at the steps that I have given here and I am sure that you would be able to get some help out of it.

Ok thanks for pointing out my mistake. The thing is that I was not knowing about it. I just had a thorough look at the device manager and was checking at the usb subsytem. I did find a enhanced controller in the list and I also checked it with the mouse it was working very well. So thanks for some useful advice it really benefited me. So thanks for your efforts for helping me out here. It really benefited me a lot.