Thread: Unable to update Striker 2 Extreme bios to version 1402

Unable to update Striker 2 Extreme bios to version 1402

Yes guys i am facing this problem from quite sometime. I dont know whats the main reason behind it. Whenever i am trying to update the bios it gives me an error saying that The date of bios image is later than current one, please flash the bios using asus dos utility if you still want to do this. I know this is a useless message, I have even tried with the Phoenix Award BIOS flash tool but the unfortunate part is that it does not run well in the 64 bit version of vista os which I am having. So what else should I do here so that I can get some good solutions. I want to update my bios as soon as possible. So please help.

Re: Unable to update Striker 2 Extreme bios to version 1402

Well I think the methods that you have used here are quite correct but there is something missing here and that step is the clearing of the cmos. It is very important to clear out the cmos and hence it is always advisable to clear out the cmos battery before you perform any operation on bios. So first pug off the cpu power and remove the cmos battery and clean it up. So it is always important to clear out the cmos. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here, do follow the steps accordingly and I am sure it will be of great help for you.

I have got a method for you. Do try it and I am sure it will be of lot of help for you. So basically what you will have to do here is that first save the bios in the desktop itself and after that copy the bios in to the external device like floppy drive. Once you have done that do not forget to clear the cmos it is really very important to perform this process. Now reboot the system, first go to the bios and from there save the bios which is present in the floppy to the disk then after that go to the ez flash and highlight the things that you had copied, it must be able to locate the copied bios, then hit the enter button and it will ask for a confirmation whether you want to copy bios or not. Just hit the yes button and the rest of the procedure is very simple. So do carry out this method and I am sure you will be benefiting out of it.

According to me the above method is the appropriate method of them all. I think it will definitely give you some positive result. You must definitely give it a try. One more thing that I would like to say here is that in case if you have not got any solution from the above method then it is better to have a talk with the asus people about the same problem and ask for the solutions from them. I think they will be able to give some appropriate solutions for you. So do try with this suggestion as well.

Hey I was successfully able to update the bios and all thanks to you guys. I am really amazed that I was able to carry on with the updation operation and it has worked out perfectly. No need to have a talk with the asus people I have got the solutions here only. Yes I did copy the bios in floppy drive and did the same thing that you had mentioned above. Now it has given me some positive results. So thanks a lot guys.