Thread: MSI K8N Diamond PLUS not performing well

MSI K8N Diamond PLUS not performing well

The difficulty appears when trying to install Windows XP. I can install the driver when asked (tried both supplied and downloaded for 32 and 64 bit), but just following the start of the driver (before I select the partition to install), the blockade of the system in phase "Setup is starting Windows", same problem with 32 and 64. I was able to install 32-bit driver silicon on a non-RAID disk, but this is a temporary solution just to test the system. As I think is a MSI K8N Diamond Plus question.

Re: MSI K8N Diamond PLUS not performing well

That's because the memory module configuration. Remove 2 x 256 modules and leave only 2 x 1 GB in slot 1 and 2, purple and green. As a complement to e-Stick, I can confirm that my Corsair XMS 2x 1 GB DDR400 RAM works well. I'm looking at this board, I need 4 gigs ram, but I read in the manual that will show the 3 + gigs and that was dinged to DDR333 instead of DDR400. With 4 1 gig sticks fill the slots dim when using XP64 is still only record 3 + gigs not all 4? With 4 1 gig sticks fill the slots soft how I can attain speeds of DDR400? I see that the manual says it 4 512 sticks should reach DDR400, why not show a hit? If pink pigs could fly, did not sanction a hunting season on them?

I construct huge panoramas from 32 Meg quarrel. I am able to have up to 200 images in a single pano. This generate require for massive amount of ram. Yes I am able to do it on a lesser quantity. IE the two gigs I am capable of access for each process in xp home. This still preserve double and triple my rendering occasion. For instance individual pano was 140 8 Meg jpegs sew mutually at full size grow to be a 5.5 hour rendering occasion. If I be able to access more ram I can load additional images into it cover them faster.

Think of ways how a table can be tested in laboratories. They may be able to take most models of CPU and RAM, video cards and so on when designing a table and test hundreds of combo. However, from that time until the release and have it in your hot little hands, the new products come out, and change things further. It can take months or years to develop a successful design, and yet things in the computer market are constantly changing. Even things that used on the boards and chipsets are being constantly revised and improved.

Take time to overcome the problems that we must first isolate the cause, and then play it fairly regularly to try. Then try to fix and test revision. All this has to happen before they can release a fix and I hope it holds in the real world with all the complexities we throw to the review. So let rookie statements and try to understand the process. If you hate the problems and do not mind being on the cutting edge on these issues below, maybe you should have bought a Dell instead of building its own high-end rig.