Thread: K8N Neo2 Platinum is slow to start! Why?

K8N Neo2 Platinum is slow to start! Why?

After and before Windows XP loading screen (SP1), the monitor goes black and takes about 15 seconds to see the Windows logo with a slash. This occurs when you install the nForce3 Serial ATA controller. To remove and use the Microsoft drivers, no problem occurs. I'm using MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum board main two SATA hard drives from Samsung plugged into channels 3 and 4, NEC DVD burner on IDE channel 1 with the master selected, the BIOS version 1.8, amd3000 winchester 939-pin, NVIDIA nForce3 250 version serial controller driver 2.6, 1GB DDR400 RAM (512 * 2), ASUS ATI Radeon 9550 video card GE-TD. In my BIOS settings, the ide prefetch mode is activated and all IDE and SATA ports are not on the use of the disabled. And without overclocking. I tried almost all versions of BIOS and nForce3 drivers including those in the NVIDIA site. This should be a common problem, but it seems that most users are not aware of it or simply do not mind the delay of 15 seconds.

Re: K8N Neo2 Platinum is slow to start! Why?

Two days before I installed my K8N Neo2 Platinum and experienced a similar break all the windows start time to boot. Just 30 seconds of black screen shortly after starting the process, but before the boot logo appears and after a quick start normal. I have the problem on all SATA ports. I tried disconnecting both my Samsung p120 and put a 250 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB in testing. I had a normal boot speed with this unit. Just add a disk Samsung brought the break. So when it looks like a compatibility problem between the board and Samsung units.

Hello, if the drives are sata 2, but according to the specifications should not be a problem because SATA2 is (should be) compatible. VIA chipsets are, you have (big) problems with sata 2 drives that do not occur when the units are running in SATA mode. I have my p120 set to sata 1 drives all the time and did diffference when I switched to sata 2 for the test. (Which in this case is accomplished by removing a bridge)? Same behavior.

I have to admit, however, that also crossed my mind that this might have something to do with the fact that I had no problems with a sata disk 1. I wonder if it would be a great loss of performance when using only one PCI SATA 2 (SATA 300) controller. But I could try to boot a Linux system before that and see if a window or topic specific driver. So I still rather clueless if this can be solved.

I DO NOT use the drivers called "NVIDIA nForce3 SATA / RAID driver for Windows 2K/XP" on the same page, because they seem to be higher than those in the "Control Panel". Another thing is that you have not installed the RAID drivers during installation, only basic storage controllers. (Cannot remember their names right, but to add drivers during a Windows installation can choose two different drivers and I just added one of them because I do not use any attacks) I found the configuration file system drivers after Installation of Windows that include "WinXP IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL)" and thought that this would include storage drivers needed.

Question might be legit, but not following the posted directions are not. After asking repeatedly for the specs and giving the links showing how to list specs etc, all I got was PMs that are not for public viewing (to put it nicely.) and no interest on his part to actually solve his problem. When you understand it, think of it as creation light of the circumstances, not sarcasm. 99.9% of the people laugh and say I got them and present the specs and we solve their trouble.

I have (not in this forum or the controller) and at times has had this difficulty when the units were on the bridge so that the driver just did not like the settings do not realize to check the bridges since assuming the man before I had noticed that right. It worked fine, just took a long time to get to the entrance. Once I tried some different configurations of the bridges, I found a working configuration. But do not ask me why, as it was over a year.