Thread: MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard is available with AM3+ CPU support socket.

MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard is available with AM3+ CPU support socket.

Hey everyone, I wanted to tell you one thing that I have finally decided to assemble a new PC. Actually I was waiting for release of MSI 990FX AM3+, but now I don’t have more patience, because there is one motherboard which can fulfill my requirement, and that is MSI 890FXA-GD65. I think this is best and newer in market. I have done lots of research on it and I have found that if you check very closely, you will come to know that it supports AM3+ CPU. So I just wanted to ask you that should I go with this or I should wait? Will it support AM3+ processor? Please reply I am very keen to know about it.

Re: MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard is available with AM3+ CPU support socket.

I think you must wait for some days, because MSI is going to release new BIOS for this. I have recently talked with one of the executive of MSI, I asked him that I have bought a MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard, under the chipset it is written that AM3+ CPU support, does it mean that it will support Bulldozer CPU? He replied that yes and said that we are going to release new BIOS for it and after updating BIOS anyone can use new Bulldozer CPU. So I again asked him that does it means the AM3+ support on MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard is kind of Bulldozer? He said yes!! Isn’t it great news? So my suggestion is that guys just wait for some time and go with MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard.

Yes you are right friend, I have also called them even I got the same reply, but I have some doubts.I think AM3+ require different socket from AM2, and also I think it would require a 9xx chipset support, without these things it won’t be able to support Bulldozer CPU. Because I have read about the different socket, actually I am not able to remember which socket AM3+ using, it can be possible that Bulldozer may require the same socket which is AM3+ using currently. I think we will have to do some research on it, because there is a big confusion regarding socket of AM3+ CPU. can anyone help me please? Let us do some research what do you say friends?

Yes we must do some research about it, it MSI company is true then it is a big lottery for us, by a quick analysis and yours older post seems like that we need to do something about. It has been mostly seen that old processor socket always works on new socket, but new processor socket doesn’t work properly with old socket. But it doesn’t matter how many are wrong because it will not make it right. if I was in place you I would have wait for 15 to 20 days for deep research about it and just played a safe game. All the best!! let us do some serious search about AM3+.