Thread: How to Activating RAID 1 on MSI 890FXA-GD70 with Windows 7 64

How to Activating RAID 1 on MSI 890FXA-GD70 with Windows 7 64

I recently bought an 890FXA-GD70 as an update used for an older motherboard. I previously had a RAID 1, but I broke the raid and installed a single unit with the new motherboard and install a new operating system on that drive. I'd like to reflect the attack with the current operating system. Does anyone have experience with this? I have a lot of alternative data partitions on these drives that I lost. Please help me to solve this problem. All replies are appreciated.

Re: How to Activating RAID 1 on MSI 890FXA-GD70 with Windows 7 64

I do not know much about RAID 1, but you can use the second disk as backup if you wish. And I know that we would like to learn about your system. Why no windows in the mirror? Then you are self-determining of the controller and are just as fast (sometimes faster). Try to find about this on internet I hope you will get better solution on this query. And if you find a proper solution then please share your experience with us.

My problem is simple I have Windows 7 64 and is installed on a drive and still want to reflect both the units and make it a boot raid array. However, according to the manual install the driver just will not work (it calls "non-starter") is kosher to reflect only the first array and then install the operating system, do not install the operating system and below reflect the array, but the graph I do not have to be a work around. How I can do that with what the RAID utility? Will it bootable?

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I freshly pay for Windows 7 Professional, and I require a backup a number of important files that were so very important that I wanted to create a RAID 1 (mirror) take a disk partition fails, I still had the additional, sacrificing 1 / 2 disk space, so I went to the local electronics store and bought me two units of 2 TB SATA hard drive. I installed and booted the computer. Please any on e have any idea about this.

Hello some day before I was facing similar kind of problem. But I solve that. You have to initialize a disk prior to Logical Disk Manager be able to access it. For that you have to select disk like disk 1 and disk 2. And you have to use () MBR (Master Boot Record) and () GPT (GUID Partition Table) partition style for these selected disk. The GPT partition technique is not predictable by the entire earlier versions of Windows. It is suggested for disks superior than 2TB, or disks utilize on top of Itanium-based computers

To organize the software RAID in Windows 7, you have to unlock Windows Explorer, and then right click on the My Computer icon and following that choose Manage. When you open the Computer Management console, go to Disk Management. Now you should see all available physical disks in the system, partitions and logical drives. RAID configuration is started by creating dynamic disks, the addition of volumes, adding mirrors, etc. The challenge is to find the right menu where these actions are available.