Thread: How to connect CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo to MSi 870a-g54

How to connect CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo to MSi 870a-g54

Hello guys I am having a problem in connecting the CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo to the motherboard MSI 870a-g54.I am using this motherboard from last 2 months and I wanted to try CPU cooler instead of stock fan. So I bought the CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo last week. And it’s compatible with A3 motherboards. And when I tried to use it in place of Stock fan I wasn’t able to connect this thing with the motherboard. Clips of this cooler are too short, so guys I need your help and suggestion so that I can connect this cooler to motherboard.

Re: How to connect CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo to MSi 870a-g54

I was searching for the same query I bought my motherboard and same cooler last week. I had the same problem, I wasn’t able to connect the cooler to the motherboard. I searched through many other forums and sites and didn’t found anything yet I guess there is an AM3 kit to use to connect motherboard and the cooler. We are not able to connect since the clips are not symmetrical. This seems to be the problem with AM3 board. Please help us if anyone had gone through such kind of problem or have any suggestions. Thank you in advance,

Well guys according to me both of you hurried in buying the CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo, you should have waited for some time or at least both of you should have been cleared about how to connect cooler on your respective Motherboard. Please do one thing post the pictures what you have, picture of motherboard socket for cooler and the clips on cooler then my be will figure out what you can do. But according to me brackets should work from K8 to KM3 on all of the AMD socket MB’s.

Hey even I am using CPU cooler Gelid Tranquillo with the same system specification. My system was overheating it more as compared to the normal one so I didn’t wanted any system failure or hardware damage in future that’s why I bought that cooler. I had the same problem while fixing these things, I was able to fix clips from one side and pushed over all the other remaining clips. I will take photo of that and will post it here soon.

Well you can try to fit that cooler on the motherboard if can disassemble the motherboard because to fix that you need to apply some force, So if you know how to disassemble and assemble again remove motherboard and fix the clips with some force, if it didn’t fix you can assemble your fan again. You can contact the dealer of those things may be he will replace your cooler with the other model which will fit to your system or he can guide you what you have to do to fix those things.

Thanks guys for going through my post, And finally with help of above post I am able to fix my fan again. If you guys didn’t helped I won’t be able to do it on my own. I had posted same query on other forums too as I wanted this problem to be fixed as soon as possible but nobody took concern to have alook at my post, hardly I got any replies. Even replies were spam. But here I found the solution for a time being. Thank guys thanks a lot. For helping me out.