Thread: MSI 785gtm-E45 taking more time for booting

MSI 785gtm-E45 taking more time for booting

I have MSI 785gtm-E45 on my CPU, and I am facing a very irritating problem on my system. The problem is when I start my CPU it takes much longer time to boot as compared to other system. It takes around 1.5-2 minutes to read my hard drive and DVD rom before the Windows logo screen there is always a blank screen where a dash blinks it’s normally for few seconds but in my CPU I am getting that screen for around 3-4 minutes. And when I click on start button it takes much time to open option window but everything else is working with normal. Please help.

Re: MSI 785gtm-E45 taking more time for booting

Hey mate even I had the same problem but now my system is working properly without any distraction or with slower booting time. As you said it’s taking much time to read your HDD and the DVD rom can you give some more details about the system then maybe I can help you out in my case mother board was MSI N470GTX, and BIOS version BIOS v1.7b4. what is your system specification and What is your BIOS version, please provide me those details.

Thanks for your concern, Sorry I would have provided those specification in my query only I have MSI 785gtm-e45, OS is windows 7 home premium 32 bit, and Amd Athlonn X2 5000 2.2ghz. unlocked to Phenom FX Quad core oced at 2.8ghz, 750GB Hitachi IDE hard drive, Samsung DVD rom, 4 GB Gskill 1066ram, Cooler Master 600w silent Pro M, HIS4670 1GB VGA, and the BIOS version is 8.7. Hope this is enough, Thanks in advance.

Guys I had the same problem with my MSI 890FXA-GD70 my other configurations are Windows 7 ultimate , AMD Phenom II X4 84, 2x 2GB Hypertec DDR3-1333 (Micron chips!), I have LG GH22 SATA DVD/CD writer, 1x Kingston SV100 64GB SSD, 1x Samsung 750GB SATA2 HDD, 1x WD 500gb SATA2 HDD, Coolermaster Centurion 530 ATX case, Corsair TX650 PSU. I removed all the hard drives and cables and started from scratch and locked all the extra cores you are having and then try again hope this will definitely work for you.

Dude It there are many possibilities for the reason behind the slow speed of your system booting. It can be your Hitachi hard disk. Because even I have experienced same problem with my Hitachi drive they were working well in the starting but after some time all of them started badly. I would like to recommend you the Samsung and WD had drives they have good reviews over net. Or it can be due to the some wrong start up parameters in Windows 7. Other facts like due to the core problem, or may be it’s all because of overclocks.Try to run BIOS without hard drive.

Hello guys, first of all thanks a lot guys to take concern about my query. I reinstalled my Windows 7 but yet the same problem even I tried Windows XP. But in my case it was broken hard disks when I ran my BIOS without hard drive. It stared perfectly so now I got it guys. And now I don’t think it will can be repaired well I have to ask some technical guy first if it will be possible to fix same harddisk or elso no onwards I will buy Samsung or WD hard drive as suggested by you guys. Thanks a lot for helping me out.