Thread: MSI 890FXA-GD65 and possible USB Controller related Error.

MSI 890FXA-GD65 and possible USB Controller related Error.

Hello I am using MSI 890FXA-GD65 (BIOS ver 18) motherboard with the support of windows 7 operating system. And I am using AMD Phenom II X2 555 CPU with DDR3 1600 2X4GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X ram. And I also include 2 x Western Digital 500GB HARD DRIVE with: XFX Radeon HD 5670 512MB video card. My problem starts During Windows 7 x64 installations or startup, when I try startup then my system freezes when a window is loaded. This difficulty has been present since I first built the system and is constantly reproducible. I am able to keep away from the difficulty by disabling the USB controller in the BIOS before starting the Windows Installer. This allows me to keep going during the Windows installation; however the moment the USB controller is enabled, once again, the problem reappears. Having to disable USB maintains is unwanted.

Re: MSI 890FXA-GD65 and possible USB Controller related Error.

I am facing same problem. I am on my second mother 890FXA-GD65, which RMA'ed the first meeting after a relatively brief exchange with the support of MSI technology. So I go away during the RMA process through the online retailer, getting a fresh board today. The difficulty is that the RMA alternate perform exactly the similar approach. Usually these recommend to me that the problem may be in one or more other components, but have not been able to identify problems with any of them. An obvious suggestion would be to try to change the components, but my resources are limited on that front - video card becomes the only component that I have an alternative you can try to.

In case there is any uncertainty, Windows is no longer installed on the machine. I mentioned that in the original post, during my earlier effort, was capable to install Windows 7 to disable the USB controller. That was purely an exercise to solve the problem. Ultimately, my plan would be to have my hard drives setup in RAID 0. So now I'm starting from scratch and does not care again to complete the installation of Windows (no RAID configuration) until you can do with the USB controller enabled and, in other words, I'm pretty sure the issue is understood and resolved.

To solve installation W7 USB turned. To prevent junk drivers freeze the system at boot time to do the same. I suppose it is USB 3 NEC chip that creates problems. I do not recognize your BIOS, however if there is a selection to disable USB 3.0 only, I doubt there is any USB device 3. In addition, make sure you did well connected to the USB front panel connectors; a number of cases have odd USB connectors to install on top of the motherboard origin freezing or BSOD. So eliminate whatever thing connected to the connectors on the motherboard USB and observe what occur in addition.

Hello thank you for your reply. You are right in your assertion that I have no USB devices 3, other than simply disable USB 3.0 is not an explanation to the difficulty. There is an alternative in the BIOS to accomplish as a result, but I have tried and it performs the trick. The similar system freeze still takes place. The simply technique I have been able to do is completely disable the USB controller, so no USB support at all. Thanks once again.

I am having a comparable problem in the company of this motherboard. Infect, I totally uninstalled from Windows and at the present simply have Ubuntu Linux installed. I RMA'd the board once thinking it's a USB driver problem, but now this is the second board in a row. Somewhat does not appear here to have to put out of action the onboard USB controller presently to boot an operating system. Is there some suggestion on how to work out this, please let me know?