Thread: No pci-e vid with MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 and 9800GT

No pci-e vid with MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 and 9800GT

I recently assembled my system. And in my system I include MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 with the 2x Corsair 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory. And I am using AMD Phenom X4 9750 with the support of windows 7 x 64 bit. I also include 500 GB SATA hard disk. On boot through 9800GT installed, GPU Fan runs, and I won’t get any odd beeps, the whole thing appear good enough but the board will not observe the pci-e card. When I unlock the monitor cable from the 9800, the screen articulate "no VGA connected" or doesn't matter what other things, when I attach the cable to the 9800 it presently settle on standby along with black screen. If I exchange the video cable to the on-board video it performs perfectly, however if I exchange it to the 9800, the monitor go away on standby.

Re: No pci-e vid with MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 and 9800GT

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem I try the following things. I switched to my vcard 460se 9800, worked fine in this configuration, the monitor / pc / ups immediately saw / a lot of power. (460 essentially wants 2 6 pin) exchanged 9800 in my other PC, so 9800 works well. So far I've establish: PCI-e slot performs on top of the motherboard, 6-pin power connection works on PSU, 9800 works fine on a different system. I rearrange CMOS, pci-e chosen as a primary, removed onboard in Device Manager. I try the whole different tricks with it but no success. Please help me.

Hello same problem here. I attempt with a very high commanding PSU. But still I am not able to solve this problem. I am going mad. The 9800 will perform greatly with my other system. The 460SE will perform on top of the MSI system, however it’s not responding from the 9800. I am out of ideas now Can someone suggest me some proper solution on this problem? This is an annoying difficulty; I have made an effort with the whole thing I am able to think of.

That sounds precisely what happened through my old ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe not show me anything of any PCIe slots, this was an SLI board, and so after many tests found that it is a bridge faulty connection or the problem of the CAP, however I had to RMA and may have to do the same. What I would try both of which have been addressed, it was testing the card in your system that you said it works fine. The 2nd card is detached from your system and makes use of K9N6PGM2 onboard video chipset NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE and sees if there are other issues. If it works well, then I would say they enjoy the RMA process will be more likely that the PCIe slot in this forum. Good luck to you.

Have you make an effort to contacting MSI technical support to notice if this is an issue they know? And I do not recognize why RMA a video card when it works in a different PC? That does not construct much sense to me, is like saying that this movie performs on top of this DVD but no DVD drive, so let's go again the movie? And just for the reason that added video card performs in the slot does not signify it is not bad 460se performs in the similar system operates in the 9800? They also have to check your BIOS version and look for a possible upgrade? Could be the answer you want.

Thanks for the help guys. My original settings: 9800 and supply ultra msi in the system - does not work. Tried 9800 and ultra power on dissimilar computer - works. 9800 and tried different power supply msi system does not work. I attempt dissimilar video card and power supply ultra msi in the system - works. I tried different power and different video card msi system - works. PCI-E slot and ultra power seem to work well on the msi system - for some cause just refuses to observe that 9800.tried drivers clean uninstall onboard, disable in the BIOS does not work. At this time the system is running on a cheapo gtx 430, but I would love to get the 9800 work the same.