Thread: power management problem with MSI 870A-G54

power management problem with MSI 870A-G54

I have the similar difficulty! I include the motherboard 2 weeks ago and was performing rightly until I found this frustrating difficulty. I am making use of AMD Radeon HD 6950, Coolermaster GX650W power supply, and Phenom II 955 BE. For all time I utilize S3 as I'm on and off the computer during the day. The entire bios situate and still I am facing troubles with it. It goes to sleep, but then after some time it will shut down entirely. Even when I awake from a dream that articulate "Resuming Windows" like has became visible of hibernation. I'm confused now. Please help me.

Re: power management problem with MSI 870A-G54

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I am using AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz with MSI 870A-G54 Socket ATX Motherboard. And even I am using G Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz Cas9 Dual Channel Memory. And for my system I am using XFX HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Dual DP out PCI-E Graphics Card with the windows 7 home premium 64 bit. So I hope someone will help me to solve this problem thank you.

Settings are properly shut. S3 sleep is enabled in the bios with disabilities of Eup so you can wake up with the USB keyboard. S1 sleep works fine, but when the system finally shut S3 sleep. If I try to wake up the system before you turn off the logo screen I have the BIOS and then "Start Windows Normally" or "Resuming Windows" as it was in hibernation or shut down properly. I tried everything you can imagine. This is the last day before I cannot return the card so that any point of reference?

Luckily I'm going to day so I thought I would spend some time trying to solve the problem. First I tried a different power source and exactly what happened so that we can rule out the power supply. So I decided to try a different hard disk from another Windows 7 PC installed through sleep working appropriately. The similar thing happened so absolutely not a windows environment. Following that I determined to put in a minor GPU in case of whichever power management or troubles with the drivers in 6950. The same thing happened. So now it’s down to the motherboard, RAM or BIOS settings. Think it might be the RAM? Or it might be better to get a replacement while I can still?

Turns out it was the motherboard / RAM. I was using the computer when I heard a rustle and saw a lot of smoke from the fans thought it was going to fire. Looks like a small chip of fried RAM slots. Sending board and ramming it in case. Definitely no problems like that. Always make sure that with each generation that did not do anything stupid like that, because of the amount of money it costs. If a replacement in the coming days, more new RAM and see how it goes. Thanks for your suggestions and help so far.

It looks further like you made a mistake at some settings or had a short among the case and the motherboard. Have you confirmed the standoffs? No good comes out of sleep often comes down to graphics or sound driver. I favor the first, as the graphics card is a fairly new model. Take a look at AMD's site for new drivers. I hope you will get the all latest drivers with the updated versions. I am sure this will help you to solve your problem. Thank you.