Thread: 870A-G54 motherboard showing bios recovery

870A-G54 motherboard showing bios recovery

Yes i am getting this problem from quite sometime. I dont know what should be done in this case. My motherboard which is brand new has got in to a bios recovery mode after several days of usage. Every time i start the system i am prompted for a bios recovery by a usb flash drive. So for that I created a empty flash drive and created the newest bios for the board. After that the file does gets read and all the process is completed. After a reboot of the system the system does brings the recovery script all over again. So what should I do particularly in this situation? I have no ideas left in my mind. Can you all suggest something.

Re: 870A-G54 motherboard showing bios recovery

Well if you have enabled the overclocking and the underclocking feature in the bios then do try disabling. Flashing the bios keeping that feature on is dangerous. So that’s why I recommend you to not use that method. Also once when you have flashed the bios always remember to clear your cmos. Clearing the cmos does always helps. So this is my recommendation that I can give it to you right now. Do have a look and make the necessary changes in the bios.

In this situation I would advise you to turn all the settings of the bios to automatic. I think that will be of lot of help for you. See if there are some changes in the bios settings once you change it from manual. It actually helps I have heard. The above setting that is mentioned is also good and I am sure that it will help you in the process. Well I cannot guarantee that this method will deliver you results but it would be better if you try this method.

Unfortunately I have no access to the bios settings. I can only use the bios restore prompt. Yes you were correct that stock settings are indeed the best one while updating the bios but never tried with the updating of the bios. I did try with the cmos clearance but sadly that also did not help me a lot. So any other steps that you would like to suggest me then please do send in your suggestions. So that I can get some help. So do reply fast with some alternate solutions.

See you are using the usb flash drive for bios recovery. While doing that ensue that you have installed the current bios of the system in the usb and not the latest bios that is available In the market. Basically it must allow you to boot in the windows. So there should not be any problem with this method. In case if you have not got any solutions then I would recommend you to have a talk with the msi support staff. I think they would be able to explain you properly on this matter.