Thread: Unable to use 4GB RAM on 8N Neo4 Series MS-7125

Unable to use 4GB RAM on 8N Neo4 Series MS-7125

Well I am having 8N Neo4 Series MS-7125 motherboard on the computer of mine. I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. I am having very simple query which I wanted to you. How can I have 4GB RAM on the system of mine? each of the DIMM slot is supporting for the maximum size of the 1GB of RAM. I am unable to install 4 GB RAM why because it is increasing the density is detected up to the 3GB. Let me know if you are having any idea to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to use 4GB RAM on 8N Neo4 Series MS-7125

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am unable to find out the root cause of the problem. I want to know entire hardware configuration regarding the computer of yours. also tell me which version of the BIOS do you have installed on the motherboard of yours. also tell me about the graphic card drivers which you have installed on the system. In short entire system configuration of the computer of yours.

I think I am having a specific solution which you can apply and I am hoping that it will help you out to fix the problem of yours. well I recommend that you should have CAS latency to the BIOS to 3 in order to match with the specification of the memory. In case it is not working in any manner then you should set the same to the Auto. Let me know whether the thing which I have posted over here was helpful to you or not.

Well in this situation I am suggesting that you should change the CAS latency to 5 with the tRFC of 127. According to me the CAS 3 value is little bit low in terms of the mixture. I am also suspecting that the issue which you are facing is totally associated with the VRM which is located on the RAM or the CPU Mem Controller would be the root cause of the problem. So you need to see carefully to find out the root cause of the problem.

Well I want to know what amount of voltage you are applying to the DDR1 RAM? According to me you can go for 2.8 volts if the BIOS of the system allows you for the same. Well according to me 2.8 is quite safe for the DDR based RAM. You should also try with dropping the memory frequency to the lowest possible values for the memory timing as the setting allows you to do the same. I am hoping that it will help you out.

I recommend that you need to run the RAM by using the 2.65volts. also you can provide some extra voltage if it is required. Well I am also suspecting that you have reached the limit of the memory controller. If that is the situation then I let you know that you can do anything unless to get the new RAM for the computer of yours. or you can also go for the upgrading the motherboard , CPU and RAM of the computer of yours.