Thread: MSI 870A-G54 not giving encouraging fps results

MSI 870A-G54 not giving encouraging fps results

Yes guys that’s true, it is a fact that the current motherboard that I am having is not giving me encouraging fps results. I am saying this because one of my friend has a good asus motherboard which is costing around 350 dollars sorry cannot remember the name but he is getting stable fps around 60 fps, if you consider my case my system hardly touches 40fps. So tell me what should I do and what changes should I make to the current motherboard that I am having so that I can get good fps. It would be great to get some response from your side. So do reply.

Re: MSI 870A-G54 not giving encouraging fps results

See in this case it would be better to know whether which operating system are you using. It also depends on the game that you are playing. The graphic cards which you have in the system also matters. So these are some of the questions that you must answer us. So that we can get some knowledge about the system. The performance of the system does not entirely depend on the motherboard. So that’s what I am saying. Do provide with the necessary details and then only I can comment on your problem.

See if you had some problem with the motherboard then you could have seen some BSOD. The bsod will be appearing continuously in the screen. There is some problem with the graphic card. It also depends on the game patches that you are using. See a game performing in the windows 7 will behave differently in the windows xp. So that’s why the use of windows operating system does become essential here. Do check if you have updated the graphic card drivers properly. So this is what the recommendation that I can give it for you, do have a look at all of them.

Yes definitely I would like to give some information on the configuration of my system. Well I have a windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition, AMD PHENOM X6 1055T processor, SAPPHIRE HD 6870 graphic card. This is what the information that I am able to generate now. As far as the game is concerned I play shotgun 2 total war, in map version and in that also I get stuck sometime in the map mode also. So I think I have given information that you all needed. Now what should I do ?

Ok, the graphic card that you are using is quite good and I am sure that it will bring some good help for you. Also one thing that I would like to add here is that if you have checked on all the hardware’s of the system and if appears to be normal to you. Then do one thing clean out all the unwanted stuffs from the system, flush out all the unwanted file and keep some ample memory in the hard disk. See if your ram is minimum 4GB then it would better. It is very rightly said that Software does play a major role in system performance, a bloated install with a lot of background processes will eventually slow down even higher end systems. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here.

Yes, got the point that you have said above. I will surely have a look at my systems performance. It was a good reminder from your side. I did not took that case into consideration. So thanks for reminding about the same. It was a very timely help from your side. So thanks a lot for all the efforts that you all have put in to solve the issue. I will definitely make sure that the points that you all have suggested here are accordingly worked upon.