Thread: how to recover from BIOS crisis in Toshiba l300 1af

how to recover from BIOS crisis in Toshiba l300 1af

Hello guys, My problem is with my laptop Toshiba l300 1af,I am from Republic Macedonia it’s in Southeastern Europe. I am not at all happy with help support or service provided in my country. The tempro in my system required the bios chip update so I have flashed the bios chip with latest version which was compatible. After downloading the flash file, while flashing my laptop automatically shut down and after that I am not able to turn on my laptop. I think problem is in bios chip but support guy said that it’s due to some problem in motherboard. In my point of view problem is in bios chip not in motherboard. Please guys help me out I am not able to use my laptop.

Re: how to recover from BIOS crisis in Toshiba l300 1af

Hey mate I don’t think it’s only due to the bios chip problem, it can be due to the some problem in motherboard too. They had said that it’s due to some problem in motherboard because some reasons are behind that, and your bios update failed because of those reasons. As you know that bios is stored on the chip which is soldered on the motherboard. And if the system is not working after bios update mostly companies replace the motherboard.

I have experienced same problem to find solution I have gone through many forums and technical related websites but nobody had given me proper solution unless I found this forum site, I got some short of instruction you can try it out as you said that you have downloaded the flash file so first burn it into CD and then boot your laptop if the settings are already changed to boot from CD fist then this solution may click for you. What you have to do is just follow the instruction which will appear n the screen and system will automatically reboot. Hope this will work for you.

Thanks a lot buddy, finally they took my laptop as it was in warranty period and it’s free of cost and it’s not physically damaged at all so bit shy of relief for me, as it could cost me around 250-300$ to replace the motherboard. The technical support guy called me and said that they have replaced the BIOS chip which was on my motherboard and now my laptop is working but still there is some problem because pictures are not displayed on the main screen. Anyone know why this is happening? I am bit impatient as I need my laptop for my class project work. Please help.

You don’t have to worry about those things because as you said that your laptop is in warranty period so they will take care of it and will solve the problem. But if you need your laptop immediately you can tell them to use an optional bootble CD to reflash the BIOS of the system and I think it will reflash automatically. One more thing you can suggest them is tell them to try to connect your laptop with the external monitor then they will what is the problem it’s due to inverter in the laptop or lcd or may be the graphic chip of your system is damaged.

That’s such a nice of guys, you guys are responding so quickly where as on other forums I haven’t any reply yet that on top review sites. I must say that this forum site is really helpful and very active. Thanks a lot for your concern. I have suggest all the possibilities to the service guy and he said that the graphic chip of the laptop is damaged, and they will try to fix it as soon as possible and I think till the next week I will get back my laptop in working condition this won’t be possible so soon without your help so thanks a lot everyone.