Thread: Phenom II X4 945 95 Watt showing tdp as 125W.

Phenom II X4 945 95 Watt showing tdp as 125W.

Yes, it is true even I was surprised when I just read the statics showed by the PC Wizard. I just happened to recently upgrade my system from Phenom 9500 to a Phenom II X4 945 95 W. I am very concerned about the cpu power limit and hence I always perform a check about the systems temperature and it showed me the shocking results. So that’s why I searched the internet to check if the chip that I was genuine? Unfortunately I could not get anything from there. I am just ready to remove my heatsink, so that I can avoid the further consequences. So what do you all have to say about the situation in which I am in. please suggest me some helpful methods here so that I would be able to solve my problem.

Re: Phenom II X4 945 95 Watt showing tdp as 125W.

There might be a possibility that the pc wizard program that you are using fail to deliver you some appropriate result. It might not be aware of the 95W version and hence it might give you such result. Check out if there is a program updates and if it is there then do update the pc wizard program. You will be able to get some useful information from there also. Also one important thing that I would like to bring it your notice is that while changing the processor it is always important to clear the CMOS. So do consider the points that I have mentioned.

In this situation I would advice you to have a look at the Central Brain Identifier. This tool is specially designed for the amd processors, it will give you some appropriate information on the real-time CPU frequency, voltage and temperature monitoring. Since it is made especially for the amd processors so that’s why I am recommending you to do the same. I am sure it will help you a lot in the problem that you are currently in. see it is the program that you are using which is not showing you some appropriate information and hence I would advice you to check out this tool.

I would advice you to use the CPUID's Hardware Monitor. This freeware is an absolutely perfect tool for you. So that’s why I recommend you to make full usage of this tool . it is known to give some appropriate information o nall the statics. So that’s why I am asking you to have a look at this software. The above opn is also a good tool for you but in case if you do not get any results with the opn then I would recommend you to make use of the CPUID's Hardware Monitor. So that’s my advise for you, hope you like it.

Thanks a lot for the help. I understand what you are trying to say here, the thing is that I was not sure whether the technician had installed the proper processor for my system. So that’s why today I just opened up my system and had a check about the system. The results were encouraging it was indeed X4 945 95 W and not any other processor. Even I think that pc wizard came up with some bizarre results. Anyways thanks a lot for all the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.