Thread: MSI 870A Fuzion motherboard got burnt

MSI 870A Fuzion motherboard got burnt

Yes it is true I was using this particular motherboard for quite some time and after some months of usage a smell of burnt like is coming out from the motherboard it seems. So that’s why I came to the opinion that the motherboard might have got burnt. So that’s why I have come here to ask some information on the msi customer support so that I get my motherboard replaced from them. So do send me some links that will help me have a contact with them. So anyone who could help me with the information then do let me know about it.

Re: MSI 870A Fuzion motherboard got burnt

It is very unusual that the motherboard gets burnt. So I would advice you to have a proper check if your actual motherboard got burnt. I would advise you to have a proper check of the system. On addition to that I would also like to have some information on the configuration of your system as well. So if you have some additional information that you would like to share then do post in here depending upon the hardware configuration we would be able to predict as if what can be done with your system.

Yes sure I will provide with the configuration information. Following is the information on the configuration of my system
    Motherboard 870A-Fuzion
    Operating system: Windows 7 SP1
    RAM: Kingston 2x2gb 1600mhz
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
    PSU: Chieftec APS-550C +12V~50A, +5V~25A, +3.3V~25A
    I hope this is enough information for all of you. So what suggestion would you all like to give it to me. Please do reply.

The psu that you are using is of poor quality and that might be the reason for burning of the motherboard. So that’s why from next time always ensure that you have a good psu for the system. Well the motherboard can be easily replaced from your nearest msi center or visit the support page of msi website and post in the complaint. Your problems will be answered. So do the same thing that I am asking you to do so. I hope you have got the suggestion that I am trying to make here.

According to me there is some problem with the heatsink. See under the Military Class heatsink there are debris you will have to be very careful in removing it. Under the heatsink there are several components that supply power to the systems but that should be precise overvolting can be very dangerous. So that’s why take your system to a good technician and ask him to get your system repaired. So do as what I am asking you and I am sure your pc will be back to normalcy.

Hey thanks for the help. I must say that your suggestions did really help me. I will surely have a look at all the suggestions and I will think of implementing it accordingly. Yes sure I will be showing my system to the nearest center and see to it that they get the motherboard replaced. Anyways thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate that you did help me in solving the issue. Though the thing is that i did try many steps but still that did not help me. So thanks a lot for that.