Thread: Unable to use SLIC 2.1 on Dell N-Series system

Unable to use SLIC 2.1 on Dell N-Series system

My laptop is E6410 comes in the company of Ubuntu. Last week I installed Dell OEM Windows 7, however I remember that OS has to be set in motion. Obviously, the BIOS of the Dell website it has SLIC 2.1, I guess Dell hidden / locked SLIC 2.1 in the N-series. Is there some technique to use SLIC 2.1 in my system? Please help me to solve my query. Please do reply I am out of ideas now. Share your knowledge with us. Thank you.

Re: Unable to use SLIC 2.1 on Dell N-Series system

First, there is no technique to know if you have UEFI dell or I had a workstation Dell Precision T5500 through the same BIOS etc and I could easily show that it is SLIC table. Then you have some Vostro 2010 and in August did the same thing have not been definitively BIOS. And now, with a Latitude E6410'm stuck. There is no way I could do this for SVCTAG, or reset the BIOS asset.com ISO which moreover utilize SVCTAG and asset.com. So I am making use of a softmod.

Hello basically I am not using Dell laptop, so I'm not confident if the windows models come in the company of recovery DVD, or simply recovery partition. I am acquainted with that when I bought my Dell Inspiron desktop computer came with a recovery partition and Windows Vista installation DVD + drivers and utilities DVD, and the tab for services and programs running in the cloud where drivers and utilities DVD. I hope this will help you to clear your doubt.

I would be amazed if they come in the company of recovery discs. Many manufacturers now are cheap and do not provide unless you demand it. HP for example, gives 90 days to ask the discs for free. I mean not to talk to them. No red paper in the box that says "call now to order or pay $ 10 later, the IMO is ridiculous. I think the only time he ever drives is that if you bought a business systems grade. You did pay extra for better hardware, better security and better support after all.

Dell is introducing UEFI BIOS, or possibly the SVCTAG / ASSETS tools are excessively old for the fresh systems. In my E6410, it reports "unsupported." If somebody has E5410/E4310 would experience the similar difficulty if they approach in the company of Ubuntu. Please share your experience with us. I try to search about this on internet but no success with it. Does anyone else have this same problem? So if you successfully resolve this then share your knowledge with us. Thank you.