Thread: Old bios - no dual core, new bios - no graphic card

Old bios - no dual core, new bios - no graphic card

I had a computer with a MSI K8N Neo Platinum 2 with version 1.5 bios. Now I bought a new AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 + Toledo and was not being recognized properly ("AMD Hammer Unknown Model") and only 1 core was being detected. I updated the bios and correctly recognize and score got Windows Experience Index from 4.2 to 5.1 and now I guess it's okay. But with the BIOS updated my graphics card driver cannot be loaded. I tried several of them both from the manufacturer of the chipset and the card and / or fail to load or give me a BSOD 0x50. I tried to find a bios version that does not blow up the graphics card driver while fixing the problem of dual core, but the version that fixes the problem very dual core is blowing the graphics card driver. And his name is "1.9." I tried all the latest BIOS and the same goes for all of them. Basically, or receipt of dual-core or I can get the graphics drivers. All this is happening in Windows 7 Home Basic, but I fear that will happen on any operating system if it is a bios problem. I also changed AGP related settings in the bios, but nothing changes. My graphics card is an ASUS AH4650 AGP.

Re: Old bios - no dual core, new bios - no graphic card

I do not know what "powersupply handle the new CPU" means. I guess you're wondering if my power supply is sufficient for the processor. I do not know much about it, but I'm using right now writing this post and not to do that with an old BIOS will not recognize the right of this same problem should happen instead of the graphics card driver working normally? Another question: If for some reason the bios or the motherboard cannot handle the two of them working at the same time, I shall have no right solution? Thanks in advance.

I agree, get a Corsair or VX Series 450W or more and you should be fine. That power has now be purchased for a little as 5 € ($ 7), shipping costs are more expensive than that. I bet if you open the capacitors are leaking or near escapes, I have seen many of the power supply, which is the worst thing to have after Q-tec. I bet you only recommended because it is more expensive. I've never heard of the brand, is likely to be garbage. Split-rail 12v 600w PSU design with a maximum output of 12V 36th?

There are components within the power supply that restricts the amount of energy passing through them, I think are called rectifiers and shorts in English. The power comes to them from the transistor. In the old days there was a transistor for each main power line, 3.3 V, 5V, 12V, etc. The last example, recommendation, in principle, has two lines from the same voltage of transistor 12. Each has something that limits the amount of amps that was 22 A. Well, that's fine, but if the transistor can only produce 36 or less. Instead of 2 x 22 A you have to consider 2 x 18 A or 1 x 22 A, which is not very good. Even better than the old Codegen, however. Anyway, they began to solve the problem PSU. But I still think we have a situation of Windows and nForce3. Do you have a copy of XP to try?

You are going to risk your entire system in a power supply of 5 euros? Do you know if the blows that can damage the entire configuration, including all connected devices? Do not be stupid and save money for a decent power supply that can handle your insurance system, and do not forget that spring is only now, in a few weeks will be summer and warmer now. Powersupplies have a much more difficult when temperatures rise. It is causing problems now that may explode in the summer. I would not bet my system by only approx 50 to 60 euros for a good powersupply are to protect your system. But hey, it's your money and your system, if you enjoy playing then continues its power supply.