Thread: Antistatic bag melted together with motherboard

Antistatic bag melted together with motherboard

I've been running the motherboard on my desk for a week or so since I was waiting for the case to arrive. The plate was placed on the antistatic bag it came so the case finally came and I wanted to put the plate in the box when I learned that among the USB connector and the CPU from the antistatic bag it was merged with the board. So what to do now? The card works without problems so far, but I still like to eliminate the static of the plate as it certainly would void my warranty.

Re: Antistatic bag melted together with motherboard

Definitely could damage something by leaving the bag in which I'm sure. As long as there is no power to the board, hairdryer trick will not affect at all. Set the hair dryer at maximum temperature; insert the horizontal attachment of the tumbler, so that heat moves in a small line. The lines up with where the stock is stuck, and then the explosion with the air for about 10 seconds, try to gently lift the bag. If not, try another 10 seconds, once again, carefully trying to remove the bag. Make sure you get where you connect the real bag. Otherwise you will end up merging the whole bag and create a whole new problem. That certainly does not want.

What else I can remove this? If I blow a longer period? But the board was already very hot when I blew on it for half a minute. Please do not tell me any way to remove this? Try to scrape it off with nail care. Actually I have no good way, but you should know that the board has the protective layer against scratching. Is not easily damaged, but how can it take? I do not think anyone tried this before.

These bags are made to meet any charges wrong. Anti-static-bag is basically a misnomer for them. Are carrying out the bags, which means that the transfer (or shorten) the current in the circuit to prevent damage. Do you really short? No, no, because the scarcity of high Ohm, but these bags have a metal component and should never be used to power a table or anything about them. It is a protective bag, but not a bag of privacy! Protects the contents of the outlandish charges, like static.

An electrostatic bag will not cause any damage to the motherboard. Only performs the electrostatic charge, but makes no current produced by the motherboard. Electrostatic charges flow through micro-metallic particles within an insulating material, but this only starts the flow over some of Kilo-volts. At work I use desk safe electricity, so there is no need for an ESD wrist strap. The tablet is connected to earth. This pill does not make any current produced by low-voltage devices (up to 230V, 400V or 700V TFT screen). Each plate has a fully charged battery 3V coin cell. An antistatic bag cannot meet this coin cell while protecting the motherboard in it, even when the bag is punctured or damaged.

A nozzle is a short tube to provide air flow in a special way. By this means you can heat small spots or places of difficult access. Strike is the opposite of acute (a knife). You can also use an iron used to iron clothes and shirts. A classic iron (dry) can be heated to 200 ° C. Just put a thin cotton cloth between hot iron and board, and wait until the plastic melts and sticks to the fabric. Wipe the rest with another clean cotton cloth.

I'm not the only person whose bag strap blends with the motherboard below them mosfets. So not hot. For now I will just leave it in. If the plate begins to exhibit some strange symptoms then I will try a more radical as it in a freezer. So keep suggestions coming if worst comes to worst. Indeed. I almost forgot, by the way thanks for all your help so far.