Thread: Would Everybody Buy the K8T NEO-FIS2R Again?

Would Everybody Buy the K8T NEO-FIS2R Again?

I recently built my friend a new system with the K8T NEO-FIS2R and as is also true of another thread that I'm still tweaking the system. I built my first PC two years ago with another friend and after I knew I would never buy another PC in the mainstream of Dell, Gateway, etc again. (Incidentally, the current team has been rock steady - Athlon XP1800 + with Abit motherbooard KR7A-R133). Anyway, the friend I am building the MSI system unless I know about computers, so actually selected all the pieces of it. I chose the MSI motherboard based on all the good reviews on it, including feedback from users. It seemed like a solid board. The other components are Athlon 64 3200 +, 2x512MB Mushkin 3200 Level 1, Sapphire 9800Pro, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Antec 430W power supply, Kingwin KT-434-BK, and of course Windows XP Pro

Re: Would Everybody Buy the K8T NEO-FIS2R Again?

I'm specifically asking if everyone who owns the pension would buy again based on their experiences with it. I will be building a new system for me in about 5-6 months - probably an Athlon 64 system and although I had some problems with my friend build still consider using this motherboard for me. I admit that at first he was discouraged with the K8T when we started getting some strange error messages during installation of Windows and then installing Windows XP and then after two days of good use of my friend has a BSOD with the unmountable boot volume of messages being asked to do a little more for new installations of Windows.

Now it seems there might be a memory problem I am testing with Memtest. But overall, I think the board is a board of quality when the kinks are made and the problems I'm having can be resolved. Cannot blame the council for the problems that could be caused by bad memory. You should also take into account the fact that this is my first real system to build unsupervised and that things are often based on trial and error. Does anyone think that the issues related to this board are inherent with the VIA chipset? That was one of my arguments - that maybe he'd try his luck with an nForce3 chipset?

Please post your stats? What kind of memory? PSU many clubs and so on! That way we can give you a better answer to your question. Regarding the construction of another MSI K8T with the knowledge I have now on the board and the system of reading here on this forum I would definitely build another one. Great system. If you think you have memory problems, the first thing I suggest is to enter the BIOS and manually the clock on DDR333 memory this has worked for many people. Then you can go from there to see if you need a different memory. Memory or a different set.

I noted that since this system has been running the memory settings in the BIOS are set to DDR200 speed values. Memtest86 ran yesterday and apparently did very wrong in the error summary report. I have many errors in some of the evidence. So out of curiosity, before leaving for work this morning, I set the speed of DDR333 memory in the BIOS and re-ran Memtest. Although not completely free of errors, this time I have only nine errors. So, I began to adjust the memory. I'll post more tonight when I move one of the clubs in the slot 3.

I'd probably opt for the Neo-FSR. Promise SATA controllers are wasted on me, and lack of internal firewire headers is a personal nightmare. The council has been quite the opposite, and advocates the simultaneous use of card-board and add-in sound (as opposed to competition from Asus, Epox and Gigabyte). Just as a heads up for you. I found the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz was very picky about what PCI slot I had to go in. I ended up putting it in slot 3 (one third of the AGP card) before it is stable in all games (in particular thief Dark Shadows).

Before building my current system I have put many other teams together without any problems. This was the first team, where I had to spend more than a day to get it up and running. I blamed the RAM, processor, motherboard, but none of them were at fault. In the final i traced the problem (with the help of some people with more experience) and proved to be a faulty power supply. After replacing the power supply I've never had a single problem. Everything runs smooth and stupidly fast and I have to say this is probably one of the most stable I've had. So in answer to your question, yes I would buy this board again.