Thread: MSI RS480M2-IL freezing on startup

MSI RS480M2-IL freezing on startup

Anyone ever have a problem with choking on startup just disable the splash immediately before the ram is marked and displayed just after the CPU speed. Not closed unless the switch off. Fans keep spinning and the fan in DVD-ROM (if you search launched) maintains board is included with bios 3.3 Beta, just upgraded to 3.3 and final. Not sure if that caused or a BIOS setting. Can anyone offer any information or evidence if they found this same problem? The strange thing is that this is random, 50% of the time, was enough to boot twice to install XP-SP2, but the start-up after it freezes at that time.

Re: MSI RS480M2-IL freezing on startup

Just try this out if it works:
    1) Eliminate the ATI Radeon x800xl Graphic card, and try a small amount of install rounds with the integrated video to see if it hangs or not.
    2) With the video card (assuming I can get out, it seems difficult in this forum) i then try:
    3) Now just try and change the slots of the ram, if the ram is in 1-2 slot then move it to 3-4 slot.
    4) Try to dual-channel Corsair PC3200 not valueselect

My advice also pre-flash on my test-integrator for 3.3B3. I stuck with 3.3B3 due to some strange problems reported 3.3. However, I had problems with hanging or slow to publish my SATA controller disabled in the BIOS. I have a PATA hard disk, I'm not using SATA. According to the original post, it seems that is not in use or SATA. Were you with the issues before the flash? Is your 3000 + a core of Newcastle, Winchester or Venice?

Well test with Memtest yet. Worst case is you have to use some time to get more RAM stable and then you can flash. There is always a way if you really want to find one. Note that only conjecture, if it does not. I'm not sure why they are so reluctant to make a simple test anyway. Are you sure you want to work? Just try this and the answer does not work or not.

I was not suggesting that the change in voltage. I was curious if there was how the memory timings to "Auto", you should use the time of the SPD memory by default. By the way, exactly what model of Kingston RAM being used? If you read all my posts / threads, you'll see that I had memory problems too. Therefore, it is not a minor issue and that many of the problems of stability. I had to lower my original speed DDR500 Geil DDR333 to run stable. My Corsair is working well with the addition of a CAS to RAS delay patch I created (error in B3), with the times in my specs. However, I do not know what problems may exist with 3.3, only the tips of the problems of others.

After recently sent me the system froze and did not pass the BIOS CPU-mail message. I was ready to call MSI or RMA the board to newegg.com. But I just made a change in the BIOS; I plugged into a USB floppy drive and set it to take boot priority. So I thought to reset the CMOS and try again. Shut Down, which opened the case and 2-3 in JCMOS1 Bridge. Then after a minute I put it back the Default Bridge and voltage. Still not finish last posting the message of the CPU. Just for fun I tried the jumpering 2-3 after starting the system. That became clear. Then I came to the forum I found with the announcement of the "true" form of CMOS, which is what I had tried just.

I have the same difficulty. Most times you have to use the power switch on the power supply to avoid the suspension system after detecting the CPU at startup. I've played with most BIOS settings (also experienced "death by BIOS save" a few times) but have not found a way to get around it. Since I have my plate (2 months ago) I searched the net for others with the same problem. My impression is that most users with this problem seems to have a Winchester 3000 + and the BIOS version 3.3 (I cannot recall any posts in other forums with other CPUs, but that of course can be the case). It has also been much talk about energy supplies, but I do not think so. My system works great (and stable) except for this problem even though "only" has 17A on the +12 V rail (18A recommended by MSI). I think it's a BIOS bug to me.