Thread: MSI K9A2 Platinum Fan Header

MSI K9A2 Platinum Fan Header

Does anyone know how many amps each fan connection is capable of handling? Or are all linked in a primary energy source? And if so what is the maximum amperage of the 4 headers? I've looked everywhere and only found it varies between each table / motherboard manufacturer. The reason I ask is because I am thinking of upgrading my system and adding high-flow fans for each header. But I will not draw on my table headers and blow up. If the headers do not allow fans I'll find a fan controller. But I really do not want to go that route.

Re: MSI K9A2 Platinum Fan Header

What fans are going to use? Computer fans that are not compatible with computers are not so common. Yes, the power draws may vary. If you are unsure, connect the new fans directly to the PSU. At the similar time, if not turn these settings, the fan do not speed up / consume more power than the board deems necessary. In general, very good or very exhaust fan iron deficiency in other areas.

Yes it is 12v computer fans. Power attracts vary somewhat among the fans. I have the intention of adding some 110.31cfm Scythe Slipstream 120mm fans. Throw of 0.53 amps each. Whereas 24.50cfm 120mm Scythe fan pull pulls 0.07 amps each. That is almost 8 times its base of 120 mm. I prefer to connect to the fan header plate, if possible. If not, then a fan controller is used.

The maximum amperage circuit 12V fan is all about 1A or maybe a little more than (perhaps 1.1). So basically, I recommend that fans watch for a 0.53. Two of those and you're on the edge (or over). 0.53 A, which is pretty, to be honest, for a fan at least. Box fans are best, along with the power supply directly, not through the board. At best, even with a power supply that has a case-control fan, and then regulated according to temperature case.

Yes, I think so too. Furthermore, as already mentioned, if you decide to connect to the motherboard, it will adjust the speed (PWM) to the needs. So - hopefully, for the ears and the game experience - not running at full speed and, therefore, consume less energy. It is possible that the scythe is taken into account as well. Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Since there is only responsible for approx 1A decided to go a different route. I decided to get some IPC IPC-12 025 Queen fans who are fans 80.1cfm only get a 0.16, about 12dBA quieter and a quarter of the price of the Scythe.

The lack of intake may cause overheating. The same shit if I had it was for me. It happens that even the airflow is redirected PSU, so the power supply stops virtually exhausted to the outside, the air being sucked into the fan housing back if the speed is set to high this shot of supply overheating a bit. As Fredrik said, I managed to get sufficient cooling to make the intake fan running at half (through K9A2P BIOS) of an exhaust gas, so even the power under RPM s of work, take what exhaust. Anyway, the air flow path on a PC is very difficult and can go to the dead. Just put an intake fan and one back of the box, not necessarily cool things so there is no work to do to get it right.